1984 Toyota Land-Cruiser 3B diesel drivetrain for sale

• Thread starter Cummins Land-Rover
  • Start date
C

Cummins Land-Rover

I have a Toyota 3.4L 4 cylinder 3B diesel / H55F 5 speed / Land-Cruiser T case for sale as well as a pair of 60 series Cruiser axles. I was hanging onto these to build another rig but I am building a TDI powered VW Westfalia so this has to go. The truck ran great, the trans apparently shifted smooth but I never ran it down the road. Everything is included with the engine. This would swap into just about anything (Mini, 4 runner, Nissan, etc). These engines are totally bulletproof and are...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

T

Titan Winch

That is interesting . I was thinking of looking for a 200tdi to replace my 2.5NA This is something i would like to think about .Cheers.

C

CJMunky

What kind of HP And torque does this thing make? How heavy? And would it fit in a CJ? Thanx.

C

Cummins Land-Rover

They are about 90 hp and 160 ft lbs of torque, but can be boosted to about 120 hp with a turbo. It would fit right into a CJ with very little work (it's the right size).

J

Joust

I'm interested in this for my 4runner.
whats the gearing?
do you have pictures of the stuff?

C

Cummins Land-Rover

No pics, but you are welcome to come and check it out...

J

jlynn

1984 Toyota Land-Cruiser Engine

Hi,

Was wondering if this would fit a 1980 FJ40?

Many Thanks,

Jason

L

lucas_carter

how much work would this require to swap into a cj anybody have any info

Lucas

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Hi,

Many Thanks,

Jason

how much work would this require to swap into a cj anybody have any info

Lucas

Just about any drivetrain can be swaped into just about any vehicle. It all depends on how much work/money you are willing to put into it. If it is complete as indicated, things are easier but there are always things that get forgotten about: rad, fuel tank, adapting wiring harness, exhaust.

People have put big blocks in Zuks before, anything is possible.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Hi,

Many Thanks,

Jason
It will fit. Period. And even (if my memory still serve me good) the engine could be bolted right to the FJ40 trany as they are using same engine - BJ40 models.

C

Cummins Land-Rover

based on my recollection it would fit in an FJ40 with some minor work. A CJ I am not sure, all bets are off. The engine is spoken for, if I still have it by the end of the weekend I will post back up here.

The 3B does not bolt up to the trans that is found in a gasser FJ40. The input shaft is different. Plus, this comes with a sweet 5 speed, with a really low 1st.

R

Root Moose

I can't believe you are having such a hard time selling this drivetrain.

Crazy.