89 samurai build

MOX

Club Member
CRUSTY - the 89 samurai build

picked up a crusty 89 samurai to build somthin to wheel next summer.... i hope this build thread will keep me motivated so i have somethin for spring fever next year :cool:
here is crusty,thanks for the name buster! after the full length roof rack was removed and the plow.
110420121932.jpg
pretty much startin from scratch, crusty has a good drivetrain and ....... thats about it :lmao:
110420121930.jpg

Last edited:

DannyL

MOX if you need any parts new or used for your projects give us a call, Zuks are kind of our "thing" here at PJF4x4!

MOX

Club Member
MOX if you need any parts new or used for your projects give us a call, Zuks are kind of our "thing" here at PJF4x4!

i am going to need transfercase gear and guard , plus two tracker 3rd members. oh i need a floor for my entire tub :lmao:

MOX

Club Member
workin in the garage today i notice the best mod i have ever seen! the quality is amazing, words cannot describe it.....
111620121977.jpg
111620121978.jpg

MOX

Club Member
a little progress:
brought this home
112020121982 mini.jpg

sold the snows and they more than covered the cost of these old swampers!
crusty is still sittin on jack stands in this pic.
112020121987 mini.jpg

MOX

Club Member
with crusty being a driver again and the snow we got the other day, it was time to clean the garage, set up my new heater and bring in the frame!
before the swap starts the front spring perches need to move in for clearance of the tires and easier articulation.
mini frame.jpg

MOX

Club Member
a little progress, started removing factory front spring perches and dug out the lift springs....
pearch mini.jpgpearch mini2.jpg

MOX

Club Member
i know it dosn't look like much, but it feels great! i finally got the hangers off!
zero progress over the holidays...nothing done in weeks...now i can start to build! :stir:
hangers off mini.jpg

Jimbog

Club Member
Cool,
Not sure what your steering plans are? But I am converting my buggy to full Hydrualic steering. I will be selling my ram assist system,complete with sidekick box, PSC pump, cooler, hoses, remote reservoir,pulley, belt and bracket for the pump to fit a 1.6l suzuki engine. 1/2 the price of a new system.

MOX

Club Member
Cool,
Not sure what your steering plans are? But I am converting my buggy to full Hydrualic steering. I will be selling my ram assist system,complete with sidekick box, PSC pump, cooler, hoses, remote reservoir,pulley, belt and bracket for the pump to fit a 1.6l suzuki engine. 1/2 the price of a new system.
for now my plan for steering is just to get the sidekick box and a remote resevoir.

MOX

Club Member
boring out front spring hangers, finished rear hangers!
i hope by the end of the month ill have these welded on and can finally flip the frame over and start swapping parts over!
resize 2.jpgresize spring lathe.jpg

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Cool,

Jim, keep me in mind for that when it comes out.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2