97 Cherokee part out

M

mnypaco

I have a white 4 door, auto Cherokee that's being parted out, engine, trans, tc, and wiring already spoken for, email my at chepokee@hotmail.com. Located just outside kemptville

V

valley dad

what front diff does it have ?
oh and what rear diff too

M

mnypaco

Jeep has dana 30 front and Chrysler 8.25 rear, also have an extra 8.25

V

valley dad

would that fit inside my jk dana 30 front end??
and how much you want for them?>

M

mnypaco

I would think that would be working backwards, maybe somebody with more experience with what's in a jk could answer that better

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Based on Yukon's part numbers, I would presume they don't interchange:

http://www.yukongear.com/DiffDetail...=118&DiffName=Dana+30+Front%2c+JK+Non-Rubicon

Compatible with Models:
JK non-Rubicon: 2007 - 2012 (Front)

Depending if it's HP or not:

http://www.yukongear.com/DiffDetail...8&DiffName=Dana+30+Front%2c+Reverse+Rotation+

Compatible with Models:
Grand Wagoneer: 1984 - 1991 (Front)
Grand Wagoneer: 1993 - 1993 (Front)
XJ Cherokee: 1984 - 2001 (Front)
XJ Sport: 1984 - 1998 (Front)
YJ Wrangler: 1987 - 1995 (Front)

http://www.yukongear.com/DiffDetail...0+Front%2c+Crush+Sleeve+Design%2c+TJ+Wrangler

Compatible with Models:
Grand Cherokee : 1996 - 1998 (Front)
TJ Wrangler: 1997 - 2006 (Front)
XJ Cherokee: 1996 - 2001 (Front)
XJ Sport: 1996 - 2001 (Front)

V

valley dad

oh well , you never know until you know right...I would have loved to find some spare shafts to carry around in th jeep.

M

mnypaco

Oh we'll good luck finding some shafts, still have lots of parts for anybody else looking

Andries

Club Member
I would think that would be working backwards, maybe somebody with more experience with what's in a jk could answer that better

Both the Dana30 (Dana44 on Rubi)front and the Dana44 rear for the JK are unique to the JK. They are referred to as an HD version, but when I was researching gear and locker options I found that specifying to them as 'JK diffs' gave better results. Either way, parts out of Non-JK diffs will not fit properly.

just_in

A locker out of the old model d30 will fit in a Jk d30. Lunch box locker will require a extra shim to get the right tolerance. Shafts don't inter change at all.
Jk d44 and Jk d44(rubicon) are both different and nothing will inter change with them.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
A locker out of the old model d30 will fit in a Jk d30. Lunch box locker will require a extra shim to get the right tolerance. Shafts don't inter change at all.
Jk d44 and Jk d44(rubicon) are both different and nothing will inter change with them.

But would a full carrier locker (ie Detroit, ARB, etc) fit? If so, why wouldn't a gear set? Just the pinion? It seems like this might not be an entirely statement for those that haven't done all of their own research first.

just_in

But would a full carrier locker (ie Detroit, ARB, etc) fit? If so, why wouldn't a gear set? Just the pinion? It seems like this might not be an entirely statement for those that haven't done all of their own research first.

By locker I meant a full carrier locker will fit. I can't say anything about r&p sets though. I know the Jk is a high pinion set up. When I get home this week I can take some measurements of a JK R&P. I'm almost positive the JK is a thicker set though.

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
do you still have the interior fuse block assembly (the one near the firewall in the passenger side footwell)?