Advice on a lift

L

Leper

I just joined this group but my jeep is still stock. Since I spent a crap load of money buying it a couple of weeks ago i'm kind of broke so feel inadequate posting and trying to run. I want to jack up the suspension a couple of inches and bigger wheels, I'm thinking of putting spacers on my springs only because of price. Am I going to regret it??? Should I save up for a 2" proper lift? My jeep is a 2013 MOAB edition and has fairly new suspension and I'd hate to swap it out so soon, I...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Paging [MENTION=3]Twinkie[/MENTION]. I know he did the spacers, and is wishing he had gone straight to a proper set of springs. The spacer install is pretty straight forward, I think they did his in an afternoon? If you post up on here, I'm sure someone will be willing to host a wrench day, if not [MENTION=28]Mitko[/MENTION], [MENTION=62]Mlorint[/MENTION] or [MENTION=615]ROUGHcrawl[/MENTION] (among others) can hook you up.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Personally, the season is almost over, I would save up and do a proper suspension lift over spacers any day. Spacers are no easier than doing a suspension lift. In both cases you end up pulling the springs. With a SL you at least don't get coil bind at full stuff compared to spacers. How big of a tire are you planning on going? Is it stock or auto? If the gearing is 3.27 which most Saharas have (the Moab is a Sahara with a Limited Slip Diff, different hood and bumpers and some stickers) you may want to only go a bit bigger without regearing.

brylade

I agree with 2Greys. Spacers are a waste of money. Better off with a suspension kit.
I went with a teraflex longarm kit and I've been very happy with it, but it's probably more than you want right now.

L

Leper

I'm leaning to an ome 2 inch lift and go for 32 or 33 inch tires, wife says I can't go higher so am I wasting $$$ on this lift or would 2 inch spacers on my springs yield the same results?

brylade

I would still go with a suspension lift, even for 2". IMO Body spacers don't really give you much except some clearance in the wheel wells and you can get that with better fenders.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Doesnt JK Rubicons come with 32's? If so you can fit 32s stock. A 2" on a JK and 33s would be more than sufficient spacewise. OME is a good name to go with. If money becomes an option Zone has been shown to be a good budget alternative. Rough Country had some issues a couple years ago especially with their shocks and supposedly have got better.

Last edited:
L

Leper

I have 373 gears dana33 heavy duty suspension with gas shocks and 17 inch rubicon Rims. I will wait a year I guess, and thanks for all the advice. Now can someone tell me where to go wheel this stock? I'm going to go with a 2 inch ome lift and hopefully 32 to 33 inchtires,

junkpile

Check the meetings and events section, I think there's a club meeting tomorrow at the royal oak off Centerpointe Drive

Last edited by a moderator:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Go with a spring lift, not a budget boost. Like mentioned above, I'm kicking myself now. My preference is for the AEV 2.5" kit, it'll set you back $1300 CAD, and you'll be able to run 33-35's. Don't forget to factory in tires and wheels in your budget....The lift is not the expensive part! LoL