Aggressive Light Bars

Minion

So I stumbled upon these guys today through a kijiji ad. Has anybody used them? They're local to the Ottawa area and offer pick up or free shipping within Canada. Prices seem almost too good. I'm not sure whether it's just because they're Canadian or the quality just sucks.

I'm looking at starting off with a couple of their 4" pod...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
So I stumbled upon these guys today through a kijiji ad. Has anybody used them? They're local to the Ottawa area and offer pick up or free shipping within Canada. Prices seem almost too good. I'm not sure whether it's just because they're Canadian or the quality just sucks.

I'm looking at starting off with a couple of their 4" pod lights, I would prefer flood pattern over spotlight but for $30 a piece I can't really complain.

Usually if you want good quality LEDs they need to be Cree based and looking at their price they probably aren't. That said I would definitely look at these as throwaway which in our sport is probably not a bad thing as long as they last long enough to get your money out of them but how often are you planning on night wheeling? Doubt you can use these on the road

Minion

Yeah, I wasn't expecting these to be anywhere close to a Rigid Industries light, but they are like 300/pair, these are 60/pair tax and shipping included. Definitely just thinking of these as throw-away items.

I actually don't expect to be doing much night wheeling any time soon, I was thinking of mounting these behind the grill on my mustang for when I am delivering pizza in the country at night since I live in a high deer collision area.

trixter192

Club Member
There are more factors than just LED's. Driver quality, and housing are important factors.

I hear about housing seals failing and visible moisture on the lens, leading to eventual failure. The driver, made up of electronic components, can fail. Just last month I had to open up my LED taillights and diagnose a bad diode. SMD M7's aren't easily available, so I had to solder a through-hole in place of it. Not an easy job to open up, nor an easy diagnostic for a guy who usually works on motors and relays. One last tidbit is the quality of the lens. I have heard of cheap lenses fogging up. The fog would make more of a flood pattern, which wouldn't bother me.

If you can find a North American brand that stands behind their product for more than a year, go for it. I've seen Marek's little 4x4 pods in person, and they work great.

You can find a "Cree" LED bar on Ebay, but can still live a short life. I wouldn't trust those units to have Cree bulbs anyways, just look at all the sub par knockoff Chinese Lithium battery market.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Ive been selling a lot of the LED products in the last few years. We bring in a lot of Rigid LED lights. Never have a problem with them, but they are not cheap. We also have brought in some of the cheap chinese lights. Big difference in quality, performance and workmanship. If your in south Ottawa sometime, stop in and check out our display for lights. We have several different brands and beam patterns you can see. I deal with over a dozen companies that supplier LED lighting and should be able to find what you need for a reasonable price. A few of the companies also have lifetime warranties on their products that cover everything except physical damage for as long as you own the lights.

Minion

Ive been selling a lot of the LED products in the last few years. We bring in a lot of Rigid LED lights. Never have a problem with them, but they are not cheap. We also have brought in some of the cheap chinese lights. Big difference in quality, performance and workmanship. If your in south Ottawa sometime, stop in and check out our display for lights. We have several different brands and beam patterns you can see. I deal with over a dozen companies that supplier LED lighting and should be able to find what you need for a reasonable price. A few of the companies also have lifetime warranties on their products that cover everything except physical damage for as long as you own the lights.

Can you get replacement mounts from Rigid? I have a pair of 4" pods and a pair of 6" bars but I don't have the mounts for them.