Ahem...

T

Tweaked

Figured I'd introduce myself, the names Cory. I drive a 92 F-150 XLT after my poor Cherokee grenaded itself.

The truck is mainly stock with the exception of Warn manual hubs, 31" tires and a slightly beefed up suspension from the previous owner. I will hopefully make it out to the darling rd meet this weekend if I can figure out what's going on with my water temp in the meantime.

Oh and I live in Arnprior.

G

Gadzooks

Welcome to OVO. I'm just down the line in Pakenham!! We have a run coming up this weekend that may interest you.

:smokin:

Yes welcome aboard, John if you'll look a little closer he mentioned he will try and attend the run if his water temp issue is resolved!! :lmao:

D

Dannyboy33

Welcome, must be something with Arnprior, I had a water temp problem for awhile. Changed everything pretty much that had to do with it and it ended up being the grounds in my Jeep

T

Tweaked

Welcome to OVO. I'm just down the line in Pakenham!! We have a run coming up this weekend that may interest you.

yeah I saw that, I'm gonna attempt to make it out if I can. I think I talked to you a while back on Jeep Kings when I had my cherokee, you live up on Carbine Rd right, big blue place?

T

Tweaked

Welcome, must be something with Arnprior, I had a water temp problem for awhile. Changed everything pretty much that had to do with it and it ended up being the grounds in my Jeep

I think I may have seen you around on my travels, from what I can see in your pic your jeep looks familiar and I think there are only a handfull of them in town, next time you see a big black 92 F-150 gimme a wave.

I don't know what the hell is going on with the truck though, I just replaced the thermostat on lunch and it didn't help. It doesn't peg out or anything but at times it will climb up to 230 then fall back down. I've replaced everything except the water pump and rad, weird thing is usually I can let it idle forever and it won't move from 195 even with the A/C on.

Anyone got a spare dual core for a ford layin around? lol

T

Tweaked

Yup. Yeah you were running a few trails up in Calabogie with a few of your friends. Let us know which trails you run and see if we know them.

Usually pretty mild stuff, we tend to run the trails on our way out to go fishing. Like the trails heading up to Little Green lake, Long, Limestone, Sullivan, norcan, etc... Last winter we went up by tatlock by way of California rd (that was a hairy trip) basically wherever we can find a decent trail and not get in shit doing it (specially in the winter with the damn ofsca trails everywhere)

D

Dannyboy33

Did you loose a tire infront of the coin wash on Daniel Street alittle while ago?

T

Tweaked

lol...no I think that was either Travis or his brother that happened too, the poor bastard. It was there for like what, a week or so?

My truck is a little newer than those ones, the next style front end up.

D

Dannyboy33

lol ya about a week, I just laughed everytime I drove by it. I think those lads are pretty hard on there trucks, like the guy that has the old military truck I don't think there is one straight panel on it.

R

Root Moose

I don't know what the hell is going on with the truck though, I just replaced the thermostat on lunch and it didn't help. It doesn't peg out or anything but at times it will climb up to 230 then fall back down. I've replaced everything except the water pump and rad, weird thing is usually I can let it idle forever and it won't move from 195 even with the A/C on.

I don't know Fords so take this for what it's worth. Did this start happening after you opened the cooling system for some other reason?

Did you burp the system? Almost sounds like an air bubble moving around the system.

HTH

T

Tweaked

lol ya about a week, I just laughed everytime I drove by it. I think those lads are pretty hard on there trucks, like the guy that has the old military truck I don't think there is one straight panel on it.

Yeah I think there pretty rough on them. Tommy has the old military chev, he beats the piss outta that thing on a regular basis, right now it was down for axles and a tranny. I think he's putting it up for sale because it's draining his bank account....lol i never knew how he managed it though, the thing sits sky high and he's got 44" swampers on it and he still managed to get stuck most nights that we went out...lol

T

Tweaked

I don't know Fords so take this for what it's worth. Did this start happening after you opened the cooling system for some other reason?

Did you burp the system? Almost sounds like an air bubble moving around the system.

HTH

I know fords pretty well (other car's a modded Probe GT) and I am at a complete freakin loss. If it was just overheating and that's it then it would be easier to diagnose, but your right it does sound like it could be an air pocket in the system. Maybe I'll try to get the nose in the air tonight and run it and see if I see any air comming up. The truck 'should' bleed the air out on it's own though

T

Tweaked

Well that was a neat trick...not sure what the hell is going on now. So when I uncapped it, I started adding fluid slowely with the truck off, I could see bubbles comming up and kept adding till it was full and no more bubbles were present. Then I drove home from work (Pfizer so it's about a 5 min drive to my place on MacDonald.) it did the same damned thing on the way home, got home and uncapped it again (carefully) added more coolant while the truck was running and got a few more bubbles. Put the rad cap back on and the damn temp spiked higher than i've ever seen,shut the truck off and uncapped it again.

So I filled up what spilled out because of uncapping it while still hot and re-filled it a little more again with the truck running and just watched the coolant with the truck running and the cap off, it was moving so the pump is operational. I just let it run probably for about 10 minutes with the rad cap off it never overflowed and the temp guage sat at 160 and didn't move a millimeter. So I took it out for a road test, turned east on the highway by antrim and drove untill the pakenham exit, then jumped back on the highway and came home....still didn't move more than a cm or two the whole trip.

So now it's not overheating, but it's overcooling :rolleyes: