Another newb and another 4runner

T

TRDCal

Hi All,

Been a member since the spring so it's probably about time to introduce myself. I'm 21 years old and live near Cornwall. I bought my first 4x4 last year, it's a 2003 4runner with the V8 :D, which was a welcome change from my little 4 banger Corolla. It's fairly stock but i've installed Bilstein 5100's all around with 1" topout spacers up front (3" lift), VSC Off switch, FJ Cruiser rims, dual exhaust and a couple other things here and there.

Now for the mandatory photo...Here's a...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

T

TRDCal

Nice car, did you get the a-trac button?

Yah but not at first, I was trying to find a used one on the internet but after a couple months of no luck I finally broke down and went to the dealer. Don't ask what it cost lol.

Check out my build thread over on T4R.org (http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/127430-trdcals-build-thread.html) for pictures. I can't seem to post full size ones here

Any other T4R.org members on here?

EDIT: Heres the VSC off mod: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/perfo...rs-more/103962-klivs-vsc-off-mod-v8s-too.html

Last edited:

98AT

Check out the Dick Cepek FC2 Tires and also the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.I replaced my BFG AT's on both vehicles with these tires and I dont have any complaints.Only minor thing is the Duratracs are wearing a little quicker than I hoped but the Dick Cepeks are one of the best tires I have run and I've tried most tires out there.

T

TRDCal

I've heard great things about the Duratracs but unfortunately my options are limited because the size I want (275/70R17). Stock the 4runner came with 265/65's so I'd like to go bigger then stock without going too big and having to do some serious trimming. I know of the BFG AT T/As and Wrangler Silent Armour in this size.

Out of curiousity, did you replace your BFG's because you weren't satisfied or because you wanted to try a different tire?

DannyL

I've heard great things about the Duratracs but unfortunately my options are limited because the size I want (275/70R17). Stock the 4runner came with 265/65's so I'd like to go bigger then stock without going too big and having to do some serious trimming. I know of the BFG AT T/As and Wrangler Silent Armour in this size.

Out of curiousity, did you replace your BFG's because you weren't satisfied or because you wanted to try a different tire?
Dick Cepek Fun Country II are available in LT265/70R17 (31.7") and a LT285/70R17 (32.8") and we have some pretty decent prices on both right now!
Personally I think the FC II is a great compromise tire. We've sold tons of them and people are really happy with it's overall performance.
I had BG AT's on one of my trucks and hated them in winter....

T

TRDCal

Unfortunately, like I said they need to be 275/70R17s. With my recently installed lift I want to go as big as possible without having to change the UCAs and trim my bumper. 265/70 isn't a big enough improvement over stock and and 285/70 will rub on my UCAs and bumper.

Do you carry any tires in 275/70R17??

Djtc

Hi All,

Been a member since the spring so it's probably about time to introduce myself. I'm 21 years old and live near Cornwall. I bought my first 4x4 last year, it's a 2003 4runner with the V8 :D, which was a welcome change from my little 4 banger Corolla. It's fairly stock but i've installed Bilstein 5100's all around with 1" topout spacers up front (3" lift), VSC Off switch, FJ Cruiser rims, dual exhaust and a couple other things here and there.

Now for the mandatory photo...Here's a shot in Grenville from a couple weeks ago, just after I installed the Billy's.
View attachment 1445

I'm due for a new set of summer tires so come this spring I'm going to pick up a set of BFG AT T/A (I think...any other suggestion?) in 275/70/17 which are bigger and more aggressive than my current set. After I get those tires, I plan on making it out to a few trail runs.

Welcome!I'm also a t4r member , user DJTC .

T

TRDCal

Cool...its nice to see local 4runner enthusiasts or even 4x4 enthusiasts for that matter. I like t4r.org as a forum but nothing over there is local. My user name is the same as well.