Any experience with a sound/thermal dampening material

Conestoga

Has anyone here have some experience using products like Dynamat, B-Quiet (previously known as "Brown Bread"?), Fat Mat, or any of the alternatives I've read about people purchasing at local hardware stores?

I'm looking for something that'll hold up to heat from an engine and help with both engine and road noise

Thanks

Minion

My brother just used hardware store stuff to line his truck for his stereo install. Not sure how it would handle heat but I don't think it would be much of an issue.

I plan to line the cab of my Ranger with it over the winter.

junkpile

I've used ice and water shield before.... because I'm cheap! It definitely takes the vibrations out, not sure how it compares to the purpose made stuff though. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Conestoga

Thanks for the feedback. I'll stop in to see you guys at No Limits, would you happen have any material in stock that I could check out?

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
We keep the exhaust wrap and some heat shield stuff (like reflect-a-gold) here. But they have so much we bring most in next day as needed.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I laid mikes of Dynamat down 20 years ago, yes it's been around that long. Haven't touched it in a long time but when we used it at the audio shop, a double layer would take a car from road noise yelling to whisper quiet. It added up to 200 lbs to a car when we were done though (walls, floors, firewall, roof, whole trunks), yeah it was expensive to do but we were producing competition cars at the time.