Auto trans help

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
So I've got 2 TH350's - one on the shelf that needs a rebuild (fluid smells burnt, it was bought as a core), and the one in the CJ, still works fine, haven't looked at the fluid yet but it's been flushed twice in the time I've owned it. Since I need to throw a new TC at it for the swap, I've been thinking about a RMVB as well, but I don't know if I want to go through the entire trans vs just a pan-off VB replacement. If the trans shits the bed before I get around to the rebuild, will it...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
You know if you don't do it, the next time we are out together it will probably break

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
I don't see a problem with just doing TC and RMVB (I'm no tranny expert though), but I think that if there is any doubt then get it all checked while it's out.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
IMHO if it performed good before I dont see why not just put the TC and the VB.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
The RMVB does require some case mods I believe, download the install PDF for the RMVB and make sure they are mods you can do with just dropping the pan.

Disclaimer - I am going from memory, it might have just been a spring or ball or something to remove but just make sure ;)

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
If the trans operates fine i say a rebuild isn't worth the money.

The reason most guys rebuild is cause they don't know what they have where in your case you do know what you have.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
The RMVB does require some case mods I believe, download the install PDF for the RMVB and make sure they are mods you can do with just dropping the pan.

Disclaimer - I am going from memory, it might have just been a spring or ball or something to remove but just make sure ;)

Hmmm, didn't know that - thanks, I'll see if I can find the install guide.