BFG All Terrain Review (snow flake version)

R

ROUGHcrawl

Recently purchased the BFG All Terrain tires for my kick, and I'm going to do a quick review. I don't normally review things, but since I bought tires that I can be quoted saying nasty things about such as "I hate BFG AT's they are just trendy trash", I thought maybe a review was in order. Especially with this newer snow peak compound.

There is no arguing that the All Terrains have been a trendy tire that have been used and misused by many boys and men, it's a fact. I wouldn't have even...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Good review, never knew the ATs were considered trendy, just knew they were good ATs.
I find most ATs are MTs are not sufficient here for our weather, not enough sipage.

R

ROUGHcrawl

93RangerXL- 25psi

2Greys- where I spent my teens and early twenties, they were the tire to have on daddy's truck. LOL

junkpile

Yes everybody was running them and actually most are still running them where I grew up too! But you gotta admit there really wasn't an alternative that worked or lasted as well as these tires did. That being said I do think that they were popular more because of their good looks than their performance (;
You gotta admit that if that size tire worked at all in snow and ice on such a light vehicle with that giant contact patch then I would say they are a win! Personally I'd say a 10.5" would probably work much better on that vehicle as a winter. The 9.5" would be perfect but I don't think they make them anymore, the pizza cutters aren't so popular amongst the masses. I loved the write up, and cheers! Enjoy your purchase

R

ROUGHcrawl

Yes everybody was running them and actually most are still running them where I grew up too! But you gotta admit there really wasn't an alternative that worked or lasted as well as these tires did. That being said I do think that they were popular more because of their good looks than their performance (;
You gotta admit that if that size tire worked at all in snow and ice on such a light vehicle with that giant contact patch then I would say they are a win! Personally I'd say a 10.5" would probably work much better on that vehicle as a winter. The 9.5" would be perfect but I don't think they make them anymore, the pizza cutters aren't so popular amongst the masses. I loved the write up, and cheers! Enjoy your purchase

I had planned on 10.5" for that reason, but the 12.5" was the only one others in the snow peak compound. I would have prefered a narrower tire, but with great performance so far and potential for snow float I'm really happy with these.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
I had a set on my 4runner, worked OK on the road, sucked off the road - best all around M/S tire I have had so far is the Wrangler Territory - those kicked ass in the snow.

R

ROUGHcrawl

I had a set on my 4runner, worked OK on the road, sucked off the road - best all around M/S tire I have had so far is the Wrangler Territory - those kicked ass in the snow.

Were they the fancy snow peak versions though? I stayed away from them in the past because I found them fairly hard, these ones aren't in the slightest. As for the Territories, I have them on my f-250 right now and love them!! Had them on a 2wd ranger, old kick, 2wd f150, and a 2wd dakota. They work incredible and were a tire of choice for me, but they don't come in 33"xXX.X"r15 at all.

93RangerXL

Mine are 30x9.5r15 they are winter rated and they worked awsome in the winter. My jeep id assume is much heavier then your sidekick though. They are 3 or 4 years old.