Block prep

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I'm working on cleaning up the motor for this winter, and curious if anyone has tips for prepping the block for paint. I've done my best to wire wheel off all of the heavy rust flakes, but I can't get the wheel in everywhere. I'll follow up with a brush and some degreaser after, but anything else I can do to clean up the hard to get to spots? No sandblaster or compressor good enough to run one available.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Just a thought, but check out por15 to see if they have a metal/rust prep. Might be worth looking into. Still have to get all the flakes though..

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Just a thought, but check out por15 to see if they have a metal/rust prep. Might be worth looking into. Still have to get all the flakes though..

They've got a rust convertor at CTC from POR15. Might give it a shot. Got a bunch of wire wheels for the Dremel as well.

trukie

Zooklounge Crawler
Club Member
Just stick it in the Jeep or a buggy and wheel the snot out of it. it'll get dirty and nobody will see the beautiful paint job :manhug:

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Just stick it in the Jeep or a buggy and wheel the snot out of it. it'll get dirty and nobody will see the beautiful paint job :manhug:

Just trying to keep busy while waiting for the shop to be ready.