Build Day on my Samurai

trixter192

Club Member
I'm looking for some guys to do a build day on my Samurai to get it wheelable to Spring Fever.

What needs to be done:
1.6 8V wiring - Bud said he would do it if I trade my Sidekick body.
4 link front/rear. My axles are alreads set-up for this, I need to do the frame side and build the links.
Steering: Pump, hydraulics, orbital, wheel
Samurai tcase mount
Air shocks, hoops.

There will be LOTS of free beer for the workers. Please find a safe ride home.

I Just have no spare time to work on...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
That sounds like more like a build WEEKEND but yup, my garage is available and now wired for 60AMP so no power issues.

And Bud/Kent know where my place is ;)

See if you can borrow Brad's plasma :beer:

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Let me know a date, and I'll try to show up for some of it.

Whatever you can post for details would be awesome - for example:

Steering: Pump, hydraulics, orbital, wheel

Not much you can DIY on lines if you want crimped fittings, but if you have all the necessary JIC ones, it's a good one person job to knock out. Pump - I presume the brackets and crap are there - is it spring swaps to hop up feed, or just bolt up and go? Orbital - mounted on the dash? Or further down with a steering shaft?

That kind of crap. The more planning in advance, the better use everyone can make of their time. I presume you also have a bunch of plate on-hand for all the mounts and crap? Or pre-fabbed mounts from TMR/RuffStuff/etc?

bradleyfitz

Club Member
You are welcome to borrow plasma and welder. I'd love to help, but odds are low I will be available to.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Bump :) Weather is warming up and SF is coming :)

Do you already have the Frame side mounts for the 4-link? Have the hoops? Or are we fabbing all this stuff?

Pick a date that works for Bud and Jamie ;)