Carp trail run, May 7

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
There won't be a safety course on Saturday but I still want to bring my son on his first trail run!

So anyone still interested in running Carp reply here and meet at the Carp arena parking lot at 10:00 AM...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

S

swhytie

Sounds like fun just cant confirm right now, what level is this trail?, how long is it? Sorry for the basic question but I really dont know any of your trails off hand.

Thanks

ammend..found out how to view the Gallery..lol..Looks like a Muddy run and deep water holes..looks like fun...have to confirm if ill make it or not.

Last edited:
D

Darren McBeth

Anyone else have a spare seat? My jeep is stock for now I don't think I would make it through.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
This is a stock friendly trail and we'll miss the deep mud and water, so you're welcome to bring whatever you have. And we're also there to help if you do run into trouble, just consider it an introduction to the safety course ;)

The trail is quite short and we're usually out within 4 hours. I say usually because when off-roading you never know what will happen and we can't promise when we'll get out.

S

swhytie

Anyone else have a spare seat? My jeep is stock for now I don't think I would make it through.

I should have a spare seat if I make it...if you see me confirm I am going I will confirm the seat.

Cheers

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Forgot to mention that I should have a spare seat as well. Carp is a weird one. Each year it changes. Last year it was pretty dry except for the new mud hole which is optional. We now turn around at the burnt out Grand Cherokee after the new mud hole since it is only 30 seconds after that where you see houses. Also it would have been a non-eventful route that would have totaled maybe 3 hours if Kunker hadn't bent his tie rod.
Hasn't been mentioned yet but no alcohol or drugs allowed.

G

Godzilla

Hi All
I'm in on the 7th. I've got a stock Rubicon and a winch. So I'll have to bypass the deep water.

I should let you know I'm new only made it out once last year, so are non club members able to tag along. I'd like to join just confused about how I guess.

So let me know if this run is open to newcomers, don't want to spoil it for others is all.
Take care hope to see you Sunday

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
All events are open to non-members however you will see if something requires more than stock.

The way to get a member is attend 2 meetings and 2 events and then you get voted in (unless you drive a Subaru Forester but I digress).

The "deep water" usually is maybe 20 inches. It's unusual if it gets any deeper than that. Carp is usually a pretty forgiving run. Key thing is try to watch where the previous person went and do what they did (unless they did badly, tipped and burned up then don't do that). :)

Hi All
I'm in on the 7th. I've got a stock Rubicon and a winch. So I'll have to bypass the deep water.

I should let you know I'm new only made it out once last year, so are non club members able to tag along. I'd like to join just confused about how I guess.

So let me know if this run is open to newcomers, don't want to spoil it for others is all.

polo609

Hi All

Last fall Pierre.Monaco ran his stock rubicon in some pretty deep water and he came out fine, he even towed a 4runner out of a deep spot that he and and I had gone through before the toyota..so you should be fine!

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Forgot to mention that I should have a spare seat as well. Carp is a weird one. Each year it changes. Last year it was pretty dry except for the new mud hole which is optional. We now turn around at the burnt out Grand Cherokee after the new mud hole since it is only 30 seconds after that where you see houses. Also it would have been a non-eventful route that would have totaled maybe 3 hours if Kunker hadn't bent his tie rod.
Hasn't been mentioned yet but no alcohol or drugs allowed.

I don't even know if it would have been 3 hours without the tie-rod...took less than an hour to get back out in 1wd backwards :lmao:

I'll take you up on the free seat too if you don't mind...I'll PM you my new cell number if anything comes up.

N

Nick_Wa

You say stock jeeps and such would be fine, what about a FULL SIZE truck, 4" lift and 33s? I'm sure the lift/tires is good but I'm concerned about the full-size part. Will I be rubbing trees or anything? Is the trail tight or is it an old road or what? Thanks. Might come

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
It is a trail but wide enough for a full size. As with any trail there's small branches that may rub any size vehicle but no big branches or trees.

N

Nick_Wa

If its just branches, they will buff out ;). Thanks for quick reply

T

troy0873

I've run the trail with a guy in a full size chev on 38's and the guy sold that and ran a full size blazer on 35's through