CB radio

teo

Do you guys use it while on trail or in the city for fun? I heard holding it while driving will be illegal next year. Is that true?

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk

trixter192

Club Member
Do you guys use it while on trail or in the city for fun? I heard holding it while driving will be illegal next year. Is that true?

1 Tune is in a wide open area, not in the city.
2 It's already illegal. There's nobody on CB anyways.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
We still use it a bit but it isn't like anyone is chatting it up on the trail. More of a relaying info that more often than not could be related through honks like telling the caravan to stop

teo

I see trucks with CB antennas in the city a lot. I am suprised to hear that it is pretty much dead. I will keep it my jeep in case a chatter tunes in :) I will check, I think use of CB mic is still good till Jan 2018. But using it like a cell is OK after that. Meaning listening and holding mic when the car not moving. Thanks for the info.

Function > Form

Club Member
I occasionally will hear local work crews chatting, but very infrequently. I never hear anything on the highway.

You can often just hear the 'super bowl' guys (google CB super bowl) blasting away with their repeated crap on channel 6...that's interesting for about 1.3 minutes.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Odds are most who have CBs keep it for when traveling, I would expect south you may get more of it than up here. Also new models have Bluetooth capabilities. I would assume you could pair it to the vehicle or is i for your phone (no idea since I never looked that far into it. )

I see trucks with CB antennas in the city a lot. I am suprised to hear that it is pretty much dead. I will keep it my jeep in case a chatter tunes in :) I will check, I think use of CB mic is still good till Jan 2018. But using it like a cell is OK after that. Meaning listening and holding mic when the car not moving. Thanks for the info.

teo

Yeah. I looked into that. The bluetooth is just for using the cell phone through the mic. Not a big deal for me as I do not take my hands of the wheel on the highway anyway.