Cell boosters

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I did some testing in the house and even with the antenna in the middle of the room rather than next to a window I get 2 extra bars and can access the web. The phone needs to be on or very close to the cradle though, and only supports one phone at a time. It also didn't work when I had my phone on the Qi wireless charger, I guess there's too much interference.

I think they just added this one which is a step up, more gain and supports up to 4 phones:
https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/weboost-drive-3g-flex-cell-phone-signal-booster-kit-470113/

Thinking of getting a 12" antenna for the Jeep to get that bit of extra signal reach.

Good for the update. It will be interesting to see how well it works on the power line for Spring Fever. Other option is a YAGI as you would be able to point it at a tower.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Decided to pick up a WeBoost 4g-m and should be getting it this Thursday. We are going to a chalet at Tremblant and there is no phone there and supposedly cell coverage is spotty at best. Will see how much of a difference it makes. May look at the 12" antenna as well but supposedly it has excellent sensitivity

trixter192

Club Member
BTW, Best Buy has a large selection of boosters on their website, and a small selection in stores.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
In the instructions it said that you need to register your booster with your carrier. That true up here?

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Mine isn't and I wouldn't even if they suggested it.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk