Cj7/cj5

1badsuki

I have a 1980 CJ5 and CJ7 i am wanting to part out. these jeeps are almost complete but disassembled cause i was goin to restore them but lost interest. Pm with your wants and needs or sell both jeeps for $700

B

blair_b

funny- if it's power steering I'm looking for the shaft, specifically with the joint. How's the 7 tub?

1badsuki

The CJ5 has manual steering... I'll check to see if everything looks good on it and i'll let ya know.

1badsuki

The CJ7 has power steering i'll check to see if the joint is good and the tub is pretty much no good but i got a nice dash cover in it. and it's got a good hardtop, but needs the back window. and the hard doors are decent but the handle is broke on one of them

Billygoat

Did you get a chance to look at the shaft? Don't mean to be pushy but I'm getting a safety done, so I'll have to get one from the states soon if this doesn't pan out. :)

Thanks,

1badsuki

Hey, the shaft and gear box is all there it's got the normal wear on it but it's still all working. I'll try and get it all off this weekend and i'll p.m ya if i can get it off. how mush of it do you want right up to where the shaft separates?

Billygoat

I need the part from the output of the steering column thru to the input of the steering box, and all the stuff associated with the two joints. The mechanic wants to see it tight, so if there is any play in those two joints, I'm gonna have to pass. Mine has got the normal waer too, but it won't pass (with this mechanic anyway)