Cleanup run on Lavant - Saturday July 11th

brylade

Meet at Hopetown for 10:30 AM.

33's and above only please.

The purpose of this run is to pick up all the garbage (and some vehicle trim) that are still on the trail.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Out of town this weekend, otherwise I'd be game (at least as far as I could push the Dodge).

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
I was planning to, but last night I found some nice deep grooves in the rear rotors from the pad rivets (I guess they're considered worn now). I'm not sure what's in there but if I can source the parts by tomorrow then I should be in.

rugsucka

OJC ran Lavant 2 weeks ago and collected 2 bags of trash - a ton of Busch empties and camping garbage. Something BIG and Devastating has beaten up the main trail down from the top out the front to the pond and out the side door. Big Agriculture cleats, damage to trees on both sides - big tractor, skidder. Found the remains of a CV joint - big ball bearings. Probably dragging out a fullsize truck.

Also pulled a dash board trim piece out of the pond - might have been from the S10, but it looks kind of Ford Exploder-ish by the style.

It's pretty shitty that people who run a trail once cause damage and put it at risk of closure for those clubs that respect and understand the privilege of having trails accessible to all types of motorized sports.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Well at least they took it out. We could probably guess what group they belong to but then again they are usually stupid enough to post it on Facebook

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Also pulled a dash board trim piece out of the pond - might have been from the S10, but it looks kind of Ford Exploder-ish by the style.

I believe there were a bunch of S10 parts that Logan picked up from Lavant a year or so ago, could be leftovers from that debacle.

brylade

Didnt see a lot of car parts (like in previous years) but lots of garbage. Mostly beer cans and bottles and chip bags.

As of 2 weeks ago there was probably about 2 lg garbage bags full left to be taken out.