Decision time.

D

DoctorPhate

Ok well as most of you know I've been waiting on my XJ. Well, next friday she's mine. So now comes the question as to what club I should join.

I love that OVO has some kick ass people and a forum that questions and build threads can be posted on. But the club doesnt associate with OF4WD does it?

I really want to join a club that includes membership to OF4WD in the membership fees.

My other criteria is the practice of tread lightly philosophy. This I know OVO does because I've talked to a...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
No your membership does not include membership to OF4WD, we are a member of the Upper Canada 4WD Association. http://www.uc4wda.ca/

We are involved with the community, we donate proceeds of events to local charities (check out our Twist-Off, usually held late summer).

And yes, we practive Tread Lightly!. Our past president is now a founding father of Tread Lightly! Canada.

And there is no problem with joining more then one club. We have many members that are also members of OJC and EOTB, as well as the TNTLC.

D

DoctorPhate

I was also thinking about EOTB but they don't seem to have a forum and their events are so obscure that I can't figure out where they are meeting until like the day before the event.

I haven't heard of the UC4WDA but Ill be reading up on it.

As for the community involvement, I know you guys donate alot but do you make yourselves visible to the public? Like with trail clean ups that you invite media along with? or do highly visible charities that get a lot of attention for the club?

thanks for the info Twinkie

Edit: after a quick read-through of their website I have found next to nothing about this organization. Do they lobby like OF4WD or no? It looks like they just organize insurance.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
We have done trail cleanups in the past with media attention. We haven't done a clean up in a few years (minus keeping Quinn Trail on the up & up), as there hasn't been a lot of interest. Really looking back, the club has gotten too bogged down with extracuricular events, and lost it's focus on *wheeling*. So that's what we do now, or are at least trying to do, is *wheel*.
As for Upper Canada vs. OF4WD, they both provide insurance. We needed coverage for our events to get our members in some sort of safe zone. So that's the way we went. I barely have enough time for my rig and the extra load of the club, I couldn't imagine trying to follow what OF4WDC is up to these days.

D

DoctorPhate

From the info you gave me and the cost comparision and my inability to be able to find any type of forum on EOTB I've decided to go with OVO. I pick up my XJ on the 12th but money will be tight the rest of the month so I'll probably do my membership on the 3rd of next month.

J

JeepJen

We are involved with the community, we donate proceeds of events to local charities (check out our Twist-Off, usually held late summer).

You forgot to mention Toys for Tots :)

On another note Terry, I think it may be a good idea that we as a club do at least one, and I think one is enough, trail clean up a year. With or without media I think it's important.

I wouldn't mind organizing this because as I'm sure you know by now how strongly I feel about cleaning up after ourselves, and others before us. I would need some assistance my first time as I have never organized something before but I'm willing to give it my all.

Just my 2 cents.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
You forgot to mention Toys for Tots :)

On another note Terry, I think it may be a good idea that we as a club do at least one, and I think one is enough, trail clean up a year. With or without media I think it's important.

I wouldn't mind organizing this because as I'm sure you know by now how strongly I feel about cleaning up after ourselves, and others before us. I would need some assistance my first time as I have never organized something before but I'm willing to give it my all.

Just my 2 cents.

I will be there if you organize it. I may even be able to give you a hand but i am planning on starting the organization of toys for tots very soon. This year i want it to be huge!

I think we could do a good clean up in Burntlands.

J

JeepJen

I think we could do a good clean up in Burntlands.

Thanks for the help.

Agreed - Burntlands and even rock coady at the same time (I saw a ot of beer bottles there) or even Dwyer hill though that we could not do it all (considering all the abandoned cars)

Regardless, I am all for a trail clean up and if someone would rather run the show that's fine. As long as it happens.

louie

not wanting to hijack a thread, but I'd help with a clean up for sure. I would even bring a 1 tire fire pick up for the garbage!!! (not mine and gas is free so dont make too much fun)