Dick Cepek Tires

K

kbrousseau

Does anyone have any experience with Dick Cepek tires? I am going to have to replace my MTR's soon and am considering Dick Cepek Mud Country's. They seem to get very good reviews. I was also thinking about Trxus Mud Terrian but the reviews I have read say they are horrible as a street tire. Any thoughts.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
The Truxus are not a horrible street tire. My Jeep and Runner were both daily drivers with the Truxus and they performed fine. If the Jeep is a DD for you for work, don't expect years of service from a set of Truxus, they are a very soft compound tire, so they will wear quick. I've got around 40,000+ on mine across 2 vehicles and they are wore a little better then 50%. I will be buying another set for the Runner/Sami, probably 35's.

K

kbrousseau

I thought you liked yours, I know Adrain likes his new ones on his Landcruiser so when I started reading all those reviews about how crappy they were, shaking uncontrollably, blowing sidewalls out at highway speeds etc. I was a little surprised. They also said that they don't wear very well either but you seem to have some good mileage out of yours (for the type of tire). Hmmmmm decisions, decisions.

K

kbrousseau

I like the MTR's and would get them again in a heartbeat but they are big $$$$$. Unfortunatley I can't get Goodyears tires through work. Thats why I was thinking of the Dick Cepek ones. I think I will stay away from the Trxus because of all the highway driving I do, even though they would be the off road tire of choice.

So has anyone had any first hand experience with Dick Cepek tires?