Drop Pitman Arm

Jimbog

Club Member
Does anyone have or know if they have or make a drop pitman arm for a Suzuki Sidekick manual streeing box. I found one for sale from Low Range Offroad but it says power steering box. With the new lift height of the truck my crossover steering drag link should now be Z-link style, to avoid bump steer. I am using 3/4 x 3/4 heim joints and 1 1/2" DOM 1/4" wall tubing with weld in bungs.(I am just tacking them in for now I will let someone with more welding experience to weld them fully.) Might...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Jimbog

Club Member
Well forget about the drop pitman arm it is not needed. By the time I made all the bars and installed them, with the misalignment spacers there is only a bit of an angle on the draglink. Only about 1' off level with the tire rod bar. I could get a steering arm with a 1" rise to it to level it out,but I think I will just run it the way it is and see how it works.Or I could make a 1" spacer and sandwich it between the steering arm and the heim joint at the knuckle end of the draglink.And use a longer 5/8" bolt. (But that might look a little "booty fabed") :D

R

Root Moose

The other thing you may consider when time/money/desire all re-align is to swap out for a Toyota power steering box. Probably be able to get whatever size drop Pitman you want for that.

JAT

Jimbog

Club Member
Yea, I have some people offering me sidekick power steering box, pump, everything I need to run power steering. And I originally thought that, that is what I would do 8 years ago when we built the truck, that is why I used a sidekick manual box,easy to swap over. But I have not heard much good things about them, ie leaking,don't last that long with large tires and the pump itself is not that strong. I think when I switch to power steering it will be something better. That is the advantage of my type of truck, easy to make things fit.