Eds Auto Wrecker

J

Joust

He no longer allows people into his yard.
this was the only pull it yourself place that I knew of and he told me today that he didn't want to pay the $50,000 for insurance to allow the public into the yard. He is just crushing everything and starting over. This too is sad because he had an nice 86 4runner last summer.

and to top this off. my local mechanic retired and closed his shop. :(
its a sad day.

R

Root Moose

It's probably what killed Kinney's as well. Fawking insurance a$$h0le$.

Think they'd get the joke if I yelled "You killed Kinney's!" at an insurance d0rk?

R

Root Moose

I figure it's easier to crush and sell than to catalogue. If you don't allow people to go back you have to have it catalogued. He can catalogue new stuff as it enters the yard. The Chinexe make it viable for him I guess.

Still sucks. Good for Ed I guess but that doesn't help my obsession with old iron. :D

Once everything is only available via car-parts.com the prices will start getting ratcheted up and we might as well switch hobbies.

R

Root Moose

Really? It has been a year or two since I've been there.

D

Dirk

I hope not, got a trailer load ready to go there.

Are both sides closed to public, Jr and Sr yards?

J

Joust

he is still open.
I didn't know there were two sides.
I would assume they would close both to the public. I would imagine if they were going to buy insurance it would apply to both sides.

G

Gadzooks

Ed's is a bit of a crap shoot though. I've been there on a saturday, pulled a t-case after an hour of wrestling, only to have the dude working tell me they don't want to sell it, or the list price is too much! So lame....I hate that place, same place I saw two LWB's on the top of a squished pile. Even offered to buy all samurai's from him but totally disinterested.
PS:
went back the following weekend, and walked out with the t-case, steering wheel and some misc parts.....Better to be put to good use then left for scrap.