Feeler: Jeep project

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Feeler ad since it doesn't look like I'll get time to do anything anytime soon. Will consider a part out if there is interest in the major pieces

85 CJ7, currently apart
Waggy D44's front and rear
Hydro assist steering (PA ram)
Grizzly locker in rear
4.88 Yukon gears F+R
New seals throughout both axles, new brakes on rear (shoes, drums, cylinders), new pads and calipers (old rotors) up front
DOM tie rod/drag link
TH350 with B&M Unimatic shifter
New TCI RVMB in box, ready to install
NP205...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
What's needed to be done? Why not see if you can get a wrenching weekend or more of no time to wheel (which I can easily see)?

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
What's needed to be done? Why not see if you can get a wrenching weekend or more of no time to wheel (which I can easily see)?

- Head bolts pulled
- Frame and firewall patched
- front spring mounts fixed
- shock mounts fixed
- fuel cell mounted
- fuel lines made and run
- wiring (all of if)
- build a complete exhaust
- re-assemble top end of the engine
- need O2 sensors and probably some heater lines
- decide if I'm replacing the starter and water pump
- install engine
- make/route intake
- build dash

And I think that's it. Couple hours of work, right? :flipoff:

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Bumping this back up. Since then, I've got the head bolts pulled, pan cleaned and new gasket installed, new dipstick installed, picked up plug wires and plugs. Firewall is smoothed as well. Fuel cell was swapped to the -8 hardware on the feed side as well. Roller set of rims/tires for the rear (apparently some stock Toyota rims won't clear the TRE's up front), was planning on using them for burnouts when it was running.

Yeah, I'm awesome at progress :(

I've also got a Honda eu3000i generator. Bought it when we got the trailer with plans of more off grid camping, but that fell through when Joshua showed up. Maybe 1 hour on it, still works great and runs the A/C and fridge fine in the TT. Paid $3K, asking $2K. And no, I won't take $1500 right now :flipoff: (3 offers on Kijiji for that in minutes).