Feeler: What to ask for with 2003 Liberty

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
So I may sell the libby since I don't think tradein will be more than $1k so I am trying to figure out a fair price. Blue book for that year is $2500-$4500.

2003 Liberty
138000 kms
Sunroof
Standard
CD player with aftermarket Ipod connect from PAC-Audio which plugs into the CD changer interface (doesn't have cd changer)

The bad:
Air Conditioning clutch siezed and was bypassed this last week but I still have the compressor so a new clutch can be put on and hooked back up.
Doors are...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Function > Form

Club Member
Diesels with 200-250k go for around 6-7k, options don't seem to matter with those.

Check out kijiji, always lots for sale to compare to. For a gasser, you have really low kms for the year, but unfortunately they have pretty low resale no matter the kms. I've seen some low km early ones like ours on sale (don't know what they sold for) for around 4-5k if they are in good shape with minimal to no rust. It's pretty common for them to be rusty at that age so if someone balks, challenge them to find one without rust!! I'd fix up the clearcoat. It will look 5x better.

Would be worth mentioning the rarity of a sunroof plus the manual, which I think has slightly different (shorter?) ratios compared to the auto. You likely won't get anything extra for the CD player. Keep it if you like it and put it in another vehicle. I have the stock CD player if you want mine for when you sell (free).

If you can hang on to it until winter, you might get more interest as it gets cooler. I always had way more interest in the fall/winter selling subarus. Especially so if you don't have A/C. If your heater works well, mention it as the heater cores are notorious for clogging. Also mention the recent replacement of your front driveshaft and I assume also your wheel bearings. These are all too often in need of attention, so the savvy shoppers will know those weak points. Condition of the rad is important too. Did you ever replace your oil pan? That one is a PITA.

Function > Form

Club Member
Selec-Trac is a major plus too if you have it. Some of the early ones only had Command Trac.

You have Trac Loc/LSD also?