FJ 40 parts

B

Big Mike

Like the title says I have a complete 1977 fj40. Anyone looking for some bigger toy axles? Motor is 2F??inline six, with a header. Send me a message or post here. If you want the whole thing that works for me to......take it all $400

B

Big Mike

Bump

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314400169.926949.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314400169.926949.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 44
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314400254.391504.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314400254.391504.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 38
F

feldger

your rig looks like a 40 turned into a 45ish truck. Was it stretched or converted?
Thanks Mike

B

Big Mike

I believe that it is still fj40 wheelbase. The PO fabricated a half cab out of ready angle(pre-drilled angle iron). And the back end has just been sheeted in ply-wood(original body work is under still). Toyota tags read fj40. I don't have the title. The motor is seized I believe, it won't turn over by hand using the fan belt. I'm sorry I thought that I had posted that in the original.

G

Grumpy

nice field find.....what's the width of those axles?? I've been thinking of an axle swap.....but shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone....hahahahahaha. Where is it BTW?

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
nice field find.....what's the width of those axles?? I've been thinking of an axle swap.....but shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone....hahahahahaha. Where is it BTW?

55" WMS to WMS (Same as regular Toy front axle) Being that it is an 77 it would also have disk brakes. :beer:

Also, rear should be off-set (like sami axles) rather than centered pumpkin.

B

Big Mike

I will check on the brakes, I seem to think that they are both drum. Maybe it is an early 77? I'll check on width as well. Just checked and both drum. Quick tape measure read and I get 55" like Adrian said. Quick web search says (http://www.vintageoffroad.com/nav.cfm?id=38) 1404mm front and 1400mm rear. And I believe that web page states axle shafts at 33mm that is almost 1 5/16!! That is nuts. Just not the right axles for my m38!

Last edited: