Fresh rebuilt 4.2/4.0L engine with fuel injection for sale.

B

Bad Karma

Selling the engine in my CJ-8. Here are the specs...

4.2L block:
Completely rebuilt by Ajax Racing Engines.
Balanced rotating assembly.
bored .040" over
double roller timing chain
Comp Cam p/n 68-231-4
Crower "cam saver" lifters p/n 66031x3-12
approximatly 3,000km on it. 62 hours running time (installed hour meter when installed engine.)
New oil pump, bearings etc etc etc

4.0L head. Also fully rebuilt by Ajax Racing Engines with the same mileage and time on it.

Fuel Injection...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

B

Bad Karma

Here are a couple videos of the engine running. (both taken at 5:40 March 7th 2012)
First video is of cold start up. Engine has not been started since January.

http://youtu.be/aKf-wY-ujsE

Second video is of engine at operating temperature.

http://youtu.be/sJVe6MhvGSA

feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks.

Check engine light is on. here are the codes and what they are and why they are causing the check engine light...

12 - Battery disconnected within last 50 key one cycles. (battery was disconnected over winter)
33 - A/C clutch relay circuit open (No A/C hooked up)
34 - Speed control circuit problems (does not have cruise control)
41 - generator field not switching properly (not using a stock alternator so computer doesn't see it)

These check engine light codes do not affect anything on the engine running.

C

cheetos

hi do you know if my banks header would fit on your engine? i have a 98 tj.if so, i have a 2001 polaris scrambler to trade for. i know most people dont like trade but i dont have the money right now so here is my offer

B

Bad Karma

I dont think that would fit. Not thanks on the Polaris Scrambler. I already have a Jeep Scrambler! :D

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
hi do you know if my banks header would fit on your engine? i have a 98 tj.if so, i have a 2001 polaris scrambler to trade for. i know most people dont like trade but i dont have the money right now so here is my offer
4.0 and 4.2 headers aren't usually interchangeable because the pipe runs under the oil pan and the dumps are at different positions. I learned that the hard way.