Guaging Interest, Lavant this weekend.

CDNJKRubicon

Club Member
BTW, just curious, does this trail back track on itself? If not, where abouts do we come out?
And how long does it usually take to run?

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
While there is a back door, I doubt it will be done as it's just a muddy swamp from what I understand. Run is in and out, you come out in Lavant Station basically (or as close as my memory can get me on a map - I know you go through Poland)

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
BTW, just curious, does this trail back track on itself? If not, where abouts do we come out?
And how long does it usually take to run?

You have to come out the way you come in. Goes up to the top of a mountain lookout. Usually takes about 3-4 hours including lunch at the top.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
JG and I walked some of the back way in when we did the first camping up top, the initial spot down is quite steep and loose. After that it doesn't look too exciting we stopped going to the swamp when we got annoyed with the mosquitos and wanted beer.
It took us less than 45 minutes for 3 rigs to the trip up hence why we decided to walk the back as we got there earlier than expected.

junkpile

The back door dumps you out on the access road just a bit further down from the trail entrance. It is a fairly steep descent into a swampy bush. There are tight bypasses, one fairly off-camber and the potential for a lot of pin striping. Be sure your winch is working. May not need it but without it you could be f@#ked.

zuk

Club Member
Dawn and I had fun. A good run with great weather. Thanks for leading Adrian,