Hey all

• Thread starter Cummins Land-Rover
  • Start date
C

Cummins Land-Rover

The forum rocks!

Hi everyone. JL from Orleans. I'm just putting the finishing touches on my 1980 Land-Rover 109 with Cummins 6BT swap. It's sprung over on Michelin 39s. I'm hoping to make it to one of the next runs.

See you on the trail!

C

Cummins Land-Rover

Not quite... I'm thinking I need another month or so to get the bumper done and the winch mounted.

And, to hijack my own thread, who's got a bender these days? I need to build a cage soon.

C

Cummins Land-Rover

what size tube were you thinking of using?

1.5 or 1.75 inch. The truck is a pickup. I am doing a halo only for the pickup cab. Most of the down tubes are straight, it's a very simple design. I will probably decide the tube size based on the dies available to me...

A

ajh

The forum rocks!

Hi everyone. JL from Orleans. I'm just putting the finishing touches on my 1980 Land-Rover 109 with Cummins 6BT swap. It's sprung over on Michelin 39s. I'm hoping to make it to one of the next runs.

See you on the trail!

Good to hear there'll be another Rover out there soon :) Been doing upgrades and sadly repairs on my 2003 Disco for awhile. Just fixed a leaky transmission pan gasket... don't let other people work on your car... they pinched the gasket between the case edge and the pan cutting it in half lengthwise. Was perfectly fine until the rock slab on the Quinn trail where the leak high up in the left corner was put below the oil line... ATF + Y-Pipe = BAD. Speaking of which anyone know where to get extinguishers recharged? :)

Hope to see it soon.

C

Cummins Land-Rover

Haha, it's so fitting that my thread has settled on fire extinguisher tech!

AJH, I'm the guy who offered to do your bumper mods - Just so you know.