Hey guys!3rd gen 4runner

Djtc

Hi guys my Name is Dimitrios, I picked up a 2000 5spd 4runner about a month ago as my DD and i'm hoping to make it out to few outings with you guys.I have a few plans for the truck as far as mods.Next week i'm about to install my lift (5100 adj billys with trd tundra springs upfront and LC coils for the rear) , ordered a smittybilt xrc8, 32" duratecs and i'll be fabing my front winch bumper and a rear plate bumper as well.

Do you guys think I would be able to manage on some of the tougher...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Welcome! There a a few trails that you could do. some may depend on whether or not you want to risk body damage.

Djtc

I dont mind scratches running throug brush but I'd like to try avoid denting my panels!Or are you talking about rocker panels damage?

Djtc

Thanks guys! The only trail ive been to was the power lines off dwyer hill. Nothing exciting, im looking to experience some more technical trails

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Do you guys think I would be able to manage on some of the tougher trails with an open rear end?I didnt want to re gear the front for an oem e-locker since my ratio is different so I was thinking of just dropping an aussie locker in the rear.

any other 4runner guys on here?

Cheers, hope to meet some of you soon!
Welcome!
Just clarifying that you don't have different ratios in the front and rear?

Djtc

Nono,Same ratio front and back!I have 3.90's now but the factory e locker came in 4:30 i believe so i would have to match the front which is too much work and money considering I wont be on the trails everyweekend. I would rather just drop the 300$ on the rear aussie locker. The only downside is having the automatic locker in the winter is a little tricky.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Cool I thought that was what you might have been saying but I was not aware the Toy elocker only came in 4.30. You could probably regear the elocker, somebody who knows will probably confirm. It is a bit trickier to get a proper pattern on used gears but it can be done. Yes the Aussie is a good choice and with an automatic locker in the rear just always assume that the back end is going to come out under throttle. 2wd trucks with limited slips are much harder to drive in snow than your Runner will be as with the extra weight you get extra traction and won't be as much as of a torque toboggan. Open/Open you could do The Gorge just not a lot of the obstacles depending on your driving skill.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Nono,Same ratio front and back!I have 3.90's now but the factory e locker came in 4:30 i believe so i would have to match the front which is too much work and money considering I wont be on the trails everyweekend. I would rather just drop the 300$ on the rear aussie locker. The only downside is having the automatic locker in the winter is a little tricky.
No, no supposedly unless you have a jeep rear auto lockers are fine in the winter (ducks) (sorry older thread) :)

Oh Welcome!

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Welcome to OVO! You may want to join the club for the monthly meeting at the Cock and Bull pub in Bells Corners on the last Thursday of the month (25th of Oct) to get an idea of what some of the trails we run are like. Unfortunately most are off limits now/soon with hunting season starting.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Factory toy e-locker comes in 4:10 up to 4:88's :beer:

Got a set of toy solid axles with 4:10's sitting here for sale, SAS it :)

Djtc

Ill try to attend the 25th, finishing off university and working every weekend really kills my scoial life!

Sas would be bad ass but I think with a rear locker it will be capable enough for my needs.

When do the trails re open?(considering its hunting season)

4runner

I have a 2000 4runner as well, i wish it was a 5spd but I got a good deal on it. I just got the truck awhile ago and am running street tires, stock height, and no recovery gear lol so i'm basically restricted to the road. Hopefully I can afford a 3" lift and 285's sometime next summer. I'm also gonna try and teach myself how to weld then maybe I can fab some of my own stuff.