Hi Guys,

L

Louis

Hi Guys,

Louis from Orleans here. Toyota Land Cruiser Pick up, 6 cyl turbo diesel, intercooled, locked, winch, sliders, armor, and a bunch of other stuff.

Hope to do some trail rides shortly with OVO, looking forward to it.

Has anyone been up to Weir PQ? Awsome trail up there, pretty hardcore.

Regards,
Louis

Jimbog

Club Member
Welcome aboard, What year is or crusier? I have not heard of that one,but we are always looking for new trails.

L

Louis

Well, it's an amalgamation of years, lets just say that it's a fairly new one - the model is the HZJ79.

The Weir trail is very good, add some water and you need lifted, locked, 33 min and armour. On a dry day you could do it without a locker - or better if you have bigger than 33's. Takes about an hour and forty minutes to get there from orleans - well worth the drive.

L

Louis

Well, not a sudbury mine shaft, I built thins from mine parts and trucks that I brought in from Japan. I was importing cruisers in from Japan until last month - I let my dealership license lapse as there is too much BS involved with Rev Can and OMVIC.

It is directly north of hawkesbury. Well worth the drive.

L

Louis

I will try to find pics and video of the trail, they are deceiving as the whole trail is made up of long steep hills that follow a powerline - so when you video or take a picture it looks like flat land - but in reality it is a very steep grade. Most of the damage comes from rocks.

Anytime is a good time to go, but they try to back off in there at this time of year to give the hunters some room. I think they resume wheeling mid november. This trail is very popular and clubs with 50-60 truckls run through there in a day. I would think that 5 trucks would be ideal. We went with 2 and the pucker factor increased in a couple of areas - basically if one truck got stuck really badly then we only had one as a back up - but we were driving cruisers so all was good:)

L

Louis

Well, it's not hardcore like the pictures you linked to - that is trail only rig type stuff I gather. The Weir tral is one you can drive to and not worry too much about ripping a fender off - unless you wanted to.

L

Louis

I'm a firefighter - so my sched is pretty good - but I prefer to go during the week (a monday or friday) because I like to spend time on the weekends with the wife and kids. But I can still do the odd weekend run.

And, if you pull onto that trail and there are 50 turcks in front of you - it's gonna be a long day:)

Anyone here go during the week?

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
These are the types of trails that we need! New challenging trails for the average wheeler to get out on. Maybe we can shoot for an early Nov. run? What is your schedule like?

Yah, but I could not drive past Runner River without going there instead :flipoff:

L

Louis

This powerline goes from the boarder of NY to probably james bay, I have only done about 12kms of it - took 8 hours. The trail leader said that it just keeps going and going. There are spots that are for hardcore rock crawlers and spots for moderate wheelers, the moderate wheelers can go around the really nasty stuff as logging roads intersect the trail the whole way.

I have only been on it once, the trail leader does it every 3 weeks or so - I know he can point out some really nasty stuff - something for everyone - and everyone can stay together and get to destination.

We'll plan something out - would be nice to do some snow wheeling too.