Historic Plates

trixter192

Club Member
I hear some guys with Historic plates have trouble coming out on trail runs. I'm still working out the ownership/insurance on my Samurai and decided to look into historic plate option. I also have a big surprise coming up this weekend.

Here's an exert of the HTA

"(b) is operated on a highway in parades, for purposes of exhibition, tours or similar functions organized by a properly constituted automobile club or for purposes of repair, testing or demonstration for sale"

Looks like a...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I think even a locker would be considered substantial assuming it was not an option from the manufacturer. My guess the limit may be going a size or two larger in tires
Plus aren't you going to trailer yours?

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I'd skip the historic plates and either get a regular blue set, or green plate it. Historic has a bunch of crap that is completely open to interpretation, meaning both the officer who pulls you over and your insurance company (if you ever get in an accident) will find something to slap you with.

Conestoga

I agree with Kunker based on experiences my friends have had with running historic plates on old hot rods etc.. I don't believe the savings are worth the chance of an insurance company finding a clause that will deny you of coverage in an event where you needed to claim for liability