I'm Sorry.

J

Jam

Hey guys, So some of you (probably most) might remember my BS postings from 2010 (or maybe not...) , and the uproar that I caused by them.

Id like to apologize to all of you, for being an ignorant, immature child about your criticism and everything as a whole. I was just curious, and couldnt handle the heat. After listening to experienced people, and learning as much as I can about wrenching/rigs so far, Ive come a long way. Hopefully by september I should have my new rig and hopefully see...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

J

Jam

Bought a Hummer H1 with 38.5 inch Thornbirds on it (Although theyre pretty cracked and im curious if its big enough of a deal that I should change them, and the fact that they have horrible reviews everywhere.....)

Have any experience with them?

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Pretty big machine for the trails around here. I would be curious to see how it does though

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Welcome back, and hope you are doing well (I vaguely remember an insurance settlement for an accident being a part of it). Sorry if I came across as an ass back then myself, nothing but good natured ribbing was meant by it.

Thornbirds are often referred to as Thornturds for being a crappy tire, but I've got no first hand experience with them. Depending on how cracked they are, it'd be more of a concern running them on the street than the trail to me. If you're still running the military double beadlocks, take a look at Pitbull when you are looking at replacements as they are one of the few companies still making a lot of tires for the 16.5" rims. Thinking about a set of Radial Rockers myself down the road.

And like 2Greys said, it'll be interesting to see it on the trail, although it can't be any wider than Brad's rig :flipoff:

J

Jam

Thanks for the welcome back!

And thanks Kunker, everything is turning out just great, and it happens, I knew you all were just a bunch of knowledgeable guys trying to steer me in the right direction.

And as for narrow trails, and the width of the hummer rubbing stuff is just part of it. Windshield protector and a brushgaurd on order! And as for the tires, I will take a look at some Pitbull stuff, and the truck will be put on the road to drive to and from events (and to run around occasionally) so I dont know if the cracks will become an issue. I will put some pics up when I get the truck in my driveway and get your opinions on them!

Cheers,

James

bradleyfitz

Club Member
And like 2Greys said, it'll be interesting to see it on the trail, although it can't be any wider than Brad's rig :flipoff:

The H1 is narrower by about a foot :p

I know Dave used to take his H1 on Carp without issue.

J

Jam

Oh and the good thing about the Hummer too, is that its open top (and I have the soft doors for it too...Or no doors) so its a fair bit lighter than youd think.

7600 pounds aint bad!

And berger, Where are you in Stittsville?

V

valley dad

h1's are great machines I drove my buddies for awhile and loved how it went anywhere you wanted to go...
I necver got stuck with it.Even toppled trees with it haha it was a great machine.Wish I had one .