Is Darling Road on the 20th canceled?

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Also is there any way of finding out what the requirements are for some of the trails i.e stock, 33's minimum, etc
Reason I ask is I was wondering what Quinn Run is.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Also is there any way of finding out what the requirements are for some of the trails i.e stock, 33's minimum, etc
Reason I ask is I was wondering what Quinn Run is.

We'll have to wait until Adrian gets back from out west to see what he says about Darling Rd, I forget what we discussed at the meeting, and no one took notes!
As for minimum's for each trail, no, we don't have a list. Quinn can be run with 31's on a TJ, as Matt has proven, but expect bumps and scrapes. 33's would be better. The Front Door is no longer considered save for stock vehicles in my opinion, it is getting to washed out from all the rain, not to mention the hood deep water hole that has to be crossed.

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
From what I remember Adrian canceled the Darling Rd run.

And you can drive around the deep part of that water hole on the Quinn, the last 5 in the group did and it was only 6" deep.

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I agree, It is definetly not stock frendly anymore. You can do most of it on 31's but there are some places you have to take the bypasses which are tight for a Tj. Definetly would recomend 33's though.

Matt

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
I agree, It is definetly not stock frendly anymore. You can do most of it on 31's but there are some places you have to take the bypasses which a one of them is tight for a Tj. Definetly would recomend 33's though.

Matt

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Yes, Adrian said it would likely be canceled. Perhaps someone else can step up to lead this trail?

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
We'll have to wait until Adrian gets back from out west to see what he says about Darling Rd, I forget what we discussed at the meeting, and no one took notes!
As for minimum's for each trail, no, we don't have a list. Quinn can be run with 31's on a TJ, as Matt has proven, but expect bumps and scrapes. 33's would be better. The Front Door is no longer considered save for stock vehicles in my opinion, it is getting to washed out from all the rain, not to mention the hood deep water hole that has to be crossed.

Yah, too much crap to do.. Plus it is the weekend before PJF :beer::beer:

Cochise

I agree, It is definetly not stock frendly anymore. You can do most of it on 31's but there are some places you have to take the bypasses which a one of them is tight for a Tj. Definetly would recomend 33's though.

Matt

Well, to be technical, the front door is not too bad, although that last bit before the lunch area is hairy to get up, but easy to get down from. I took the bypass up twice, in Mike's rig, and then in the XJ. (This was the hour long fix for the busted 35c fix, which ended being a cool field repair). It was tight in the XJ, but not as much as that bypass up Crag Lake (eh, Pete? Lol)

Coming down was no probs at all. Mind you, Dirk was spotting me, which made it like silk on a baby's bum. :D

This on 2" lift and 29's. :flipoff:

Levant was tougher, with one spot being a pull or damage kinda choice. :smokin: (Brad's dead-pan "you got a new scratch" delivery at the time always makes me smile when I look at the side of my truck :glasses:).

Being new and all excited about trying new trails, what's Darling like?

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Well I would lead but I have never been there, anybody? Or is anybody going anwyhere at all this weekend. I wouldn't mind getting out for a ride, preferably Sunday but I would arrange things to get there Saturday.

Dwayne

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I haven't been yet and I was thinking of going but unfortunately something has come up that has taken precedence. Not going anywhere this weekend.

Well I would lead but I have never been there, anybody? Or is anybody going anwyhere at all this weekend. I wouldn't mind getting out for a ride, preferably Sunday but I would arrange things to get there Saturday.

Dwayne

J

JeepJen

Dwayne

We might be up for a Sunday run. I don't know anything well enough to lead though

S

snippy

I'll be doing a Carp Trail run tomorrow, but wouldn't be leaving Kanata until around 11am.