Is this real? (forum administration pm saying I have a virus)

G

Generalchaos

I got this in a PM. I've been on a few forums for many years and have never seen this before. I've just replaced my laptop cause the other crashed and haven't been on OVO on the new laptop yet. And so this is possible on my old laptop. Also the guy has 0 posts and is in the US. So something ain't right, but want to make sure that it wasn't my old laptop (just in case.....lol) and this is spam. ;)

Mall Cruiser

Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

O.D.

Club Member
Spam.. Junk.. Just delete it. Whenever there are just too many inconsistencies and a request to visit a link that matches absolutely nothing, it ain't good.

G

Generalchaos

Yea figured as much, but wanted to be sure, plus let the admin know.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Yah, we didn't realize un-activated new users could send PM's. Tim thinks he has that one locked down now. Time will tell.
Since I activate every new user myself, I try to weed out the fake looking users. Pretty much the only user I activate are ones that are registering from Canada, and the odd U.S. user. Anything over seas (espicially China) I deny. If I allowed every user that is create to post...whoa would we have SPAM!

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Well the problem is that I keep receiving them - one in Sat and one now.
F@#$% !!

O.D.

Club Member
From the same person.? Can't be. I banned the acct....

Plus i specifically changed the settings so that PM's are not even accessible until you approve the account???

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Create yourself a dummy account and test it.

Edit: Created one and wasn't able to send PMs. Maybe the email mitko got was for an account previously created... /shrug

Last edited: