Just wanting to say hi

J

Jennythejeep

Hey everyone,

Just want to introduce myself, name's Brandyn, and I love Jeeps. Eat, breathe, and s*** jeep. I'd also love to get an OVO sticker for my Jeep haha.

Happy riding, hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weekend and getting out there!

trixter192

Club Member
Welcome. Stickers are for active members, so come out to the trail runs and attend the meetings!

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Welcome! Keep your eyes peeled on the Events section for upcoming trail rides (Carp this upcoming weekend, Wheels a Churnin at the end of the month), and join us for the monthly club meeting on the last Thursday of each month at the Cock'n'Bull Pub in Bells Corners.

J

Jennythejeep

I have a 2000 TJ. Its recently, I mean two months ago got the 4.6L Golen Stroker dropped in her, along with a stage 3 Bully clutch kit. Banks header back exhaust completely redone, roof lights, which need sandblasting and repainting, almost bald 31s BFG and some other little goodies. Not bad shape for a 14 year old, it's from AB and never seen winter. :D

mucovich

Till Valhalla!
Nice! If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for the golan stroker and are you happy with it?

J

Jennythejeep

I paid (with the currency difference and shipping with freight, 3ish days) around $5600 including the new 24lb fuel injectors. I'm extremely happy with it, it's got way more torque than the old 4L. It's louder, I have already had to change some exhaust mods due to legal troubles, but still sounds great and stroked. I dealt directly with Chad, the owner of Golen engines and he's a fantastic guy to deal with. Very helpful. I'm looking forward to bringing it out to a meet!

Impact

I paid (with the currency difference and shipping with freight, 3ish days) around $5600 including the new 24lb fuel injectors. I'm extremely happy with it, it's got way more torque than the old 4L. It's louder, I have already had to change some exhaust mods due to legal troubles, but still sounds great and stroked. I dealt directly with Chad, the owner of Golen engines and he's a fantastic guy to deal with. Very helpful. I'm looking forward to bringing it out to a meet!

Interesting stuff! Now you have Mucovich thinking :)~

Have you had to do any tuning with your computer because of the stroker and injectors?

J

Jennythejeep

Interesting stuff! Now you have Mucovich thinking :)~

Have you had to do any tuning with your computer because of the stroker and injectors?

Haha that was part of the plan, I want my Jeep to be unique, what is more unique than a Stroked 4.0L

That's the great part, it's literally a swap and done. My buddies who installed the engine did play around with the tuning (for reasons other than the install :D) but apart from that it was a swap in with break in oil, then after a few hundred km another oil change and then she's fine.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Haha that was part of the plan, I want my Jeep to be unique, what is more unique than a Stroked 4.0L

That's the great part, it's literally a swap and done. My buddies who installed the engine did play around with the tuning (for reasons other than the install :D) but apart from that it was a swap in with break in oil, then after a few hundred km another oil change and then she's fine.
I am also big fan of these jeeps (just on the third part of the sentence tho) would you mind to explain me what is a play around with tuning and is it easy to do as I want to play a little with mine too. Excuse my technical illiteracy;
thanks, and you have a unique machine there.

J

Jennythejeep

playing with tuning means changing aspects of the ECU (engine computer). This could be from changing the amount of fuel injected into the engine, the mix of air/fuel, weight of the vehicle and what type of fuel you're running to trick it to perform differently, etc. This is difficult only in the sense that you need to have a system on your computer capable of doing this tuning.