Labour day blast 2014, North Bay Ontario

trixter192

Club Member
It's official, Dave from Bay Area Wheelers confirmed that it is on this year. Pricing and details should be up soon. Very family friendly, they even have prizes for the kids.

The days are Saturday August 30th until Monday September 1st. It's in North Bay, Ontario. I think we drove up on the Friday last year. There's unserviced spots for rv's in the nearby workshop. Lost of us camped in an open area up the hill a bit, you will have to leave your trailer at the shop.

They are a really good...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Going
We could always camp at the welding shop, you would just have to decide if you are driving your buggy back and forth everyday on 17 or getting a ride. Our plans are to camp at a nearby campground. We should have some sort of vehicle to drive back and forth in.

trixter192

Club Member
The access trail to the shop is not cut yet. Between the FJ and the Rubicon, we can easily get everyone back to the shop. Or drive for 30 seconds on the side of the 17. Atv plated trucks can do it legally. Dwayne, didn't you camp at a camp ground last time?

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Is this at ACME?
ORV plated vehicles are legal to drive down the side of the road??

I believe it depends on the township - I know it's now legal out where I live, both rurally and in town, just limited on speed. And, of course, you need your approved helmet and crap.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm out - too many bills with the shop this summer, and it looks like I'll be hanging drywall that weekend :(

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
The access trail to the shop is not cut yet. Between the FJ and the Rubicon, we can easily get everyone back to the shop. Or drive for 30 seconds on the side of the 17. Atv plated trucks can do it legally. Dwayne, didn't you camp at a camp ground last time?

Yes we did and plan to again, different campground this time.

Is this at ACME?
ORV plated vehicles are legal to drive down the side of the road??

Yes

Is this too extreme for the Sami?

No, the trails are mild to wild. Connie and Steve took the Rubi through 90% of the trails and you can get to most of the rest to watch. Of course Marek and I were just aiming for the hardest trails but the trails getting to them was lots of fun too.
Think PJF scaled down a bit (I think, but it has been so long since I have been to PJF). Bypasses on pretty well everything and lots of trees to winch on otherwise.

trixter192

Club Member
Details!

Labour day blast 2014
$50 per vehicle
Sunday BBQ
Prize draw for drivers
50-50 draw
T-shirts will be available for purchase
Proceeds raised for the North Bay Food Bank, non perishable food items and/or cash donations are appreciated
ZERO tolerance of alcohol in trails any violation will result in immediate ejection from park!
Alcohol is permitted at camp area (flatrock) please bring cans no glass is greatly appreciated
Any questions feel free to contact me by Phone
Cell # (705)-494-5493
text message or call
Or email
bruins5493@hotmail.com
Hope to see you soon
Dave Luxton

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
Actually I was just reading the FB and you have to sign up by August 17th:

Please notify me by email bruins5493@hotmail.com
if you will be attending and how many in your party (pasengers included for bbq purpose)
Unfortunately we have limited space available so are forced to a 50 vehicle limit so it is a first notifcation first serve basis please confirm by Sunday August 17th
Sorry for the short notice
Thank You
Dave

Burger

Club Member
Looks like I'm in. Just trying to work out the details, but I emailed Dave last night