Votes: 2 50.0%
  • June 28th - camping

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Lavant Run June 28th

UPDATE AGAIN: We will have a run to Lavant on the 28th with camping. There are a number of people who are staying overnight and some not. We are mulling of doing the normal route but looking at doing the EOTB back door as well possibly as a second run. The plan is to camp at the top of the mountain. This is primitive camping. The trail has been done 1 way in 45 minutes if everyone has done it before. WE NEED A CHAINSAW!! I am not aware if anyone has gone up yet...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I replied camping before I read the post...

I'm up for camping only, but can't get the camper to the top, have no Jeep, wife will be away with it. So I guess that means I'm out. LoL

Al!

I replied camping before I read the post...

I'm up for camping only, but can't get the camper to the top, have no Jeep, wife will be away with it. So I guess that means I'm out. LoL

I'm going so you can ride with me. Or not. What ever.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
So can we get a tally on who is going and their preference for the 28th? Still willing to camp but if there was interest. I would figure we could do the trail twice:)
If I am reading right:
Me: camping
Roughcrawl no camping
Kunker no camping
Al:
Terry:?

Last edited:

Burger

Club Member
im in for the 28th, i would even consider camping if anyone else still wants to. Pat (burgundy cherokee) is also in for the same

trixter192

Club Member
28th camp. We should check out the "back door" part. Of4wd has the eotb/ojc variation of the trail that we have never done.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I think there is enough demand with 4 trucks to make it an overnight trip. However as there are people who not interested in camping we should bring them back down. We could look at trying the back door after doing it the normal route.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Updated top thread. Not sure if anyone has done lavant yet this year so we may need a chain saw. I doubt it will be bad as two years ago but there may be a tree or two down. Would like at least one but ideally two.
My thought on this run is do the normal route and then maybe do the back door if we can find it.

R

ROUGHcrawl

I can bring a chainsaw and axe. Didn't the other club run it the Father's Day weekend? Can anyone post the question there?

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Supposedly they have but just want to make sure. I am sure we won't need it but better safe than sorry.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Lol
I figure we run the normal route for the non campers. If there is a consensus for the campers to run the swamp afterwards then we will run it. When we did the lavant camping last year we did it in about 45 minutes up but that was only 3 trucks who had already done it and we didn't dilly-dally.

Last edited: