Let's make it Official

M

Morley

Since I haven't officially introduced myself, this might be a good time...

BTW: I noticed someone else on the board is named: "Tweaked" which makes my handle kind of redundant, but I have used this name for 8 yrs on various msg boards. Anyhow, I'll probably get the mods to change it now that I know.

Here's my new toy..

Stats: 91 4runner,V6, 5spd, SAS, 4 Link front, 4 Link Rear, Rock sliders on 38.5 Interco's. Running 4.10 gears. Welded Front :eek:

I have some work to do to it, but...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Whhheeeeeeeee!!!! Another 'Runner in the club. Much nicer then mine though. DoH!!!

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
nice rig you have, getin jealous. I am not very much mechanical/rig builder inclined, thats why I want to ask - what is the yellow suspension part on the pic. # 1 and 2? looks to me as OME stering stabilizer, but is it suppose to be there? :)

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
thanks for the clarification :glasses:. me being dum was thinking it is a susp. part.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Toyota #'s are growing :glasses:

Only thing I can see is save up for some hi-steer to get rid of that welded up steering arm ;)

szabotage

btw, I see a 4 link up front triangulated top, bottom (at least the top appears to be) but don't see a panhard bar. how does it handle at higher speeds? got more pics/specs?

M

Morley

btw, I see a 4 link up front triangulated top, bottom (at least the top appears to be) but don't see a panhard bar. how does it handle at higher speeds? got more pics/specs?

I haven't got to ride it at higher speeds yet. As long as I can cruise at 80kms to get around on the highway to the trails, I will be content.
Currently just getting things done for safety... No real specs nor flex shots for the time being, I have no seats in th truck since Im fixing the floor.
In due time :)

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member

No need for a panhard with a triangulated 4-link...

You can even triangulate the lowers on a 3-link for the same results...

It is the triangulation that removes side to side movement of the axle...

szabotage

yeah, I thought of that, adrian, but it is in my head that a triangulated setup being pulled (rear setups) would be okay and less strain to all the moving parts but a triangulated setup being pushed would have some adverse handling properties over time and normal wear n tear. I can see things wearing out alot quicker up front ( joints, arms, brackets, etc.)especially when turning.

I see alot of the newer rock buggies sporting this type of setup up front now and seem to work great... on the rocks, but how do they handle with a heavier load up top and at 80+km/h speeds?

not saying I"m wrong or rightnor am I any physics major, I just need some better clarification. tweak, keep us informed on the build!