LF Jk diff covers

R

ROUGHcrawl

Just need a set of jk factory diff covers to trace. I'll buy them if the price is right but would really just like to trace a set.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Making your own?
One thing to keep in mind though is clearance at full stuff. On TJs pretty much all of them except the Barnett (which is a Dana stock diff cover with reinforcing) will bang up on the trackbar unless you shorten the control arms from stock. The JKs were the same but I heard the Poison Spyder one redesigned theirs so it doesn't. Best way to check is pull the springs and jack up the axle until the bumpstop cup (with the bumpstop removed) is touching the spring pad on the axle

R

ROUGHcrawl

Making your own?
One thing to keep in mind though is clearance at full stuff. On TJs pretty much all of them except the Barnett (which is a Dana stock diff cover with reinforcing) will bang up on the trackbar unless you shorten the control arms from stock. The JKs were the same but I heard the Poison Spyder one redesigned theirs so it doesn't. Best way to check is pull the springs and jack up the axle until the bumpstop cup (with the bumpstop removed) is touching the spring pad on the axle
Ya I had read about the clearance issues, plan on making one with that in mind. I'm not sure if it happens on the jks but planned on working around it anyway.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
TBH, I am not sure if it is but the fact that PS advertised their cover to have been redesigned to clear makes me suspect they do (or at least theirs did prior). One thing to give them credit, they do listen to the market for feedback.

R

ROUGHcrawl

Yep, that is nice to see in this day and age! I fully intend to make mine fit in the stock allowed space, as well as provide armor, and hopefully a little more fluid capacity.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I have a set. You can trace/keep as long as needed, just need them returned at some point.

As for clearance, I have Poison Spider on mine, looks like there has been some minor touching on the front of mine by steering/trackbar....

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
PS: Mine's a Rubi, so 44 front. Not sure if the cover is the same as the 30, but a little Googlin will probably set that straight.

R

ROUGHcrawl

The 30 and 44 are as similar as steak and pork chops lol. That being said if I can use yours to trace that will get that rear done at least.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Pynenburg replaced the covers on her JK as well with PS. He may still have the stock covers, and hers isn't a Rubi IIRC.

R

ROUGHcrawl

Pynenburg replaced the covers on her JK as well with PS. He may still have the stock covers, and hers isn't a Rubi IIRC.
Good thinking I'll ask

R

ROUGHcrawl

So John has a 30 cover, and with your 44 cover I have a set to work with! Now to arrange getting them