Looking to lift

D

DuuhMojo

Hey all,

Looking for idea on a 2 1/2 to 3 inch lift for the Rubicon :) After the last run I need to un-stockifiy if that's even a word. Any recommendations for brands or places to do one? Also does anyone know if I can do a lift and not void my warranty :)

Marcus.

just_in

A 2" budget boost will keep everything factory and shouldn't cause any warranty issues.

What size tires do you plan on running. 35 will fit with a 2" bb, they will rub at full stuff though.

Brand it's really personal preference. Just make sure to match your shock to your coil. On a budget zone off road (coils are made by BDS and have a lifetime warranty). I ran those coils for 3 years with no sagging issues. On the more expensive size I would recommend metal cloak.

Pjf4x4 had been good to me here

Install do it yourself

The warranty depends on the dealership. If it was an oem part they covered it. Best answer is to talk to your dealership.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
A 2" budget boost will keep everything factory and shouldn't cause any warranty issues.

What size tires do you plan on running. 35 will fit with a 2" bb, they will rub at full stuff though.

Brand it's really personal preference. Just make sure to match your shock to your coil. On a budget zone off road (coils are made by BDS and have a lifetime warranty). I ran those coils for 3 years with no sagging issues. On the more expensive size I would recommend metal cloak.

Pjf4x4 had been good to me here

Install do it yourself

The warranty depends on the dealership. If it was an oem part they covered it. Best answer is to talk to your dealership.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Technically Zone are not made by BDS they are a sister company of BDS but that said they are a good affordable setup. I have the TJ 3" lift and have been pretty happy with it. But not so much for JKs as TJs I would have been better off buying one of the more expensive kits as ended up doing an SYE and it actually would have been cheaper getting it all at once.

But as said talk to your dealer and get it in writing what they will or will not honour.

Also keep in mind bigger tires should also get better gearing with them depending on what you have which is not cheap nor easy to do yourself.

D

DuuhMojo

Thanks guys for input. I will check with the dealer before I do anything as I don't want to void my warranty, only at the 2300 km mark :)

DannyL

Zone and BDS are cut from the same cloth and all fall under the Truckmaster banner which in turn now belongs to FOX shocks!
Zone was created to stop the hemorrhaging that BDS was taking because of Rough Country.

Zone,BDS and Rough Country all cover cost of repairs if warranty does not....

You can call me and I'll explain how it works, I'll be happy yo answer any other questions you might have as well!

junkpile

When I did my 13yr "stint" at a Dodge dealer we used to install lifts, bumpers, winches, exhaust, and oversized tires on brand new zero metric trucks and jeeps maintaining full warranty and usually then some. Plus what DannyL is saying, I think you'll be fine.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
One thing that hasn't been brought up is look really closely at the fine print in your insurance policy. If your company has a no Mods clause and something happens on or offroad, that gives them the ability to reneg on paying up. Sure you can go to court and fight it and they will end up covering it after a while but it is a lot less painful to find out first. If they do, there are other insurance companies around who will not only cover everything on and off road but their prices are actually reasonable.
I went through this when I did my axle swap, I found out Meloche Monnex ( now TD) has this clause, if I had been in an accident at best they would have covered only the stock vehicle not any of the mods and at worst if I was sued by the other person I would be on the hook. I moved to another insurance company as recommended on the forum here and they cover it all on and offroad.