LX450 engine swap?

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Thanks for the info

I'll skip the 5.0. I feel bad enough having bought a F150 as a DD/tow.
I'm not going to insult the Toy by putting a ford in it.:flipoff::flipoff:

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Thanks for the info

I'll skip the 5.0. I feel bad enough having bought a F150 as a DD/tow.
I'm not going to insult the Toy by putting a ford in it.:flipoff::flipoff:

LOL, But it fits better (dist in the front) and sounds better than anything GM :flipoff:

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
I would personally go with 1 Hz or 1KZ-TE diesels - the best diesels ever created

J

Joust

I have a question.
If you go Ford or GM v8 what transfer case would you use? with toyotas, it seems that the transfer case is mounted on the tranny. is this so for Ford and GM? or is it divorced?
i mean those Atlas Transfer cases are nice but really expensive.

R

Root Moose

LOL, But it fits better (dist in the front) and sounds better than anything GM :flipoff:
Not so anymore - the GM LSx and Gen IV Vortecs have the same firing order as the Ferd stuff now so "sound the same".

Distributors? What are those? We gonna run an antique engine now?

:D

FWIW, the LSx is around 430 lbs, the iron block Vortec with aluminum heads is ~520.

1UZ must be low-mid 400s. Quad cam adds weight and possibly packaging issues.

I'm mildly shocked that the 22RE is that light.

Jean-Leon had listed a TLC 3B diesel in the for sale section in the last week or so...

R

Root Moose

I have a question.
If you go Ford or GM v8 what transfer case would you use? with toyotas, it seems that the transfer case is mounted on the tranny. is this so for Ford and GM? or is it divorced?
I'd run the stock transfer case unless converting to something like Dana 60s or something. That's just me. Advanced, etc. sell adapters from GM engines/transmissions to Toyota kit.

Pretty much everything modern is running a married config. Samurais are divorced but then we don't call them modern either. LOL

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I have a question.

I'd most likely go with a TH350 tranny and the Toy case since I have the adapter from a previous truck.

Both Ford and GM at some point used the divorced 205 but that is WAY too big for a Yota. AA makes adapters to fit almost anything to almost anything. Oh wait, I already have one.:):flipoff::):beer:

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
BTW, does that lx450 have the hi-pinion front diff? Gimme! Gimme! ;)