Moving sale - Need stuff gone ASAP

C

Cummins Land-Rover

I am moving and have to empty my shop out for Dec. 1st. Some stuff I am selling because I don't feel like moving it, so I can help loading but I can't deliver.

- Colchester 13X36 lathe, quick change gearbox, no power feeds or leadscrew (broken), 3 and 4 jaw chuck with some tooling and recent 5 horse 1 phase motor. Works well, but is pretty rough. Good for fab shop, driveshafts, but not if you are making parts for NASA. $500.

- Johnson 100 horse outboard, from the 80s, needs one piston...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
C

Cummins Land-Rover

OK, I've had a couple PMs about the tractor, here is some more info. It is a 1959 Case 400B with a 148 cubic inch gas Case engine. It's a 4 cyl with an updraft carb.

The tractor starts at -30 no problem so long as the battery is good. Sometimes it gets run down if you idle it a lot (it idles at like 400 rpms and the charge lights flickers on and off because it's spinning too slow) but it lights right up and runs very well. The best part about this machine is the loader. It's insanely strong and it moves quick, which is uncommon for an old machine. It's because it has the crank driven pump, which moves a lot of GPM, and it's a backhoe loader, not a farm loader. At idle it's like a normal farm tractor, but at governed RPM it will jump up when you pull the handle. It had a float position and down pressure. In fact, it will pull the front wheels 8 inches off the ground when you get on it. And, it will pull the back end of the tractor right off the ground, with 500 lbs of weight on the hitch and loaded tires. It's freaking nuts. What it really needs is more weight on the back, I was going to make a big concrete conterweight, I suspect John might be able to tackle that one and maybe incorporate a countertop into the top of it, with a :beer: holder :flipoff:

I have run a blower on it, but that was before I put the loader on, and it was too light in the front end and it was hard to steer. Now it should work a lot better. John, you have seen my road, it's just not gonna happen with a 35 hp machine, but it worked OK for cleaning up around cars and near the house, and when the snowdrifts got too big and I needed to cut them down. Otherwise I used the plow truck.

Known issues, the exhaust manifold is cracked and leaks a bit, the exhaust system is a little hokey but it works, power steering leaks a bit from the cylinder but I just top it off once a month, tires are backhoe-style V tread with about 50% left and some cracks but still pretty good.

John, come out and have a look if you want, you have first crack at it, I'm around tonight, working on my new trailer :D