New in town / Constance Bay

Matheo

image.jpgHi. Let me introduce myself. My name is Martin but go by Matheo. I just arrived in Ottawa. I was in Colorado for the last four years. My rig is a trailer queen, not street legal. It is a buggy with rear 14 bolt and front Dana 60, 35 splines chromoly with grizly locker on 39 inch pitbull tires. Very capable rig. I have been wheeling in Colorado, Moab and South Dakota the last four years. I am looking for a group who likes extreme trails and have...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

dwcjwerfner

Club Member
View attachment 1987Hi. I have been wheeling in Colorado, Moab and South Dakota the last four years. I am looking for a group who likes extreme trails and have fun. Hope to get out soon.

Hey Matheo

/jealous of your wheeling locales.

Well you've come to the right club for the area, there are a few of us with built rigs but you will have to get used to running on dirty rocks because that is where we live. There is a possible run to Cloyne next weekend which is some of the best "dry rock" running around here and there is talk of a run to Rausch Creek on Thanksgiving weekend. We have our meetings the last Thursday of every month and look through this thread http://ovo.ca/forums/showthread.php?6319-Wheels-a-Churnin/page3 as on the 28th and 29th of this month we host a moderate local obstacle course.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Welcome to Ottawa, too bad that you had to move away from the mecca of 'wheeling though! You are probably in for a weee bit of a disappointment, our trails fail in comparison to Moab. :)

Richard

Commoner
Club Member
Welcome to the area and the site Matheo.

I've been to Moab twice and loved it, and do plan on going again, when my kids are old enough to not just walk off a cliff! You'll find most trails here tame in comparison, but they can still be fun and I hope you enjoy the company.

Matheo

Thanks all for the welcome. Yes it has been great the last few years but I still believe I can have a good time around here. Half of it is about the people you meet. More details was asked about my rig. It is a full tubular frame buggy. Engine is a Vortech V6 with a 700R4 tranny and a Dana 300 TC. Rear axle 14 bolt, welded spool. Front axle Dana 60 with 35 splines chromoly shafts, Grizly locker. Suspension all links with fox coilover shocks. Dual alternator which one of them is used as a welder and yes it has been used on the trail quite a bit. Tires are 39 inches with H2 double beadlock wheels. Aluminum radiator. Sits two adults and two kids at the back. Did most extreme trails I could find the last few years and the body really show the abuse but it is still a good rig. Does everything except go vertical. Next rig will have more horse power

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Nice looking buggy! Can't wait to see it on the trails.

Hope you can make it to the meetings and maybe a tun or 2 this year.

Matt