New Jeep

D

DuuhMojo

Hey all,

My name is Marcus Allen from Stittsville and we recently bought a new 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock Edition after trading in our 2008 Jeep Liberty. I'm looking to get in to some light off roading to start to learn the off road ropes. :eek:) I know the new Jeep is more capable than me so I'm hoping to meet some new people to teach the me ropes to gain some experience.

Hope to meet you all soon and figure out some next steps to get started!

Cheers.

M.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Welcome to the forum! Keep an eye out here there will probably be a stock friendly run. Good (most affordable) idea is to leave it stock and see what it does and that should give you an idea what modifications you want to do. Rubicons come from the factory pretty much turn key capable.

D

DuuhMojo

Thanks guys, how often does the club do stock runs, I would assume most members are running non-stock vehicles?

Are there are any runs around the West end that are super easy, even some good dirt roads that could be zero risk solo'd?
This Jeep needs a little dirt on it. lol

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Thanks guys, how often does the club do stock runs, I would assume most members are running non-stock vehicles?

Are there are any runs around the West end that are super easy, even some good dirt roads that could be zero risk solo'd?
This Jeep needs a little dirt on it. lol

One of the good starter trails is Gorge as it is a hydro line that has obstacles off to the side so you can pick your poison. Another two are Burntlands and Dwyer Hill (although the latter can get deep water), none of those you would want to go by yourself which we don't recommend in general.

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Welcome to OVO!

I recommend keeping an eye on the trail run section - the requirements are listed (stock, 31's, 33's, etc) in each run, and you can chat with the trail leader about needed equipment. While a good number of our members are modified, we've all started in a stock vehicle somewhere. I also recommend coming out to our monthly meeting - it's held on the last Thursday of the month (25th this month), and I think it's at the Royal Oak on Centrepoint, but I don't know if it's been locked down yet.

Oh, and most of the runs we do are actually west of Ottawa, I can't think of any in the east since they closed Larose.

brylade

Welcome.

Agree with all the above and to add that Carp is a simple run close to you that is stock friendly with 32s.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Welcome to OVO!

I recommend keeping an eye on the trail run section - the requirements are listed (stock, 31's, 33's, etc) in each run, and you can chat with the trail leader about needed equipment. While a good number of our members are modified, we've all started in a stock vehicle somewhere. I also recommend coming out to our monthly meeting - it's held on the last Thursday of the month (25th this month), and I think it's at the Royal Oak on Centrepoint, but I don't know if it's been locked down yet.

Oh, and most of the runs we do are actually west of Ottawa, I can't think of any in the east since they closed Larose.

I am pretty sure it will be the Oak ( @adrian ?) looking at the poll.
All trails are in the west end since if you look at a map of crown land there isn't any east of around Carleton Place (Carp is technically city land and they can kick us off (if they wanted to which they haven't (yet))).

D

DuuhMojo

So if I am reading the tires sizes right on my Rubicon, mine are 255/75/17 that would be 32's?

Last edited:
D

DuuhMojo

Welcome to OVO!

What time is the monthly meeting start this Thursday?