L

Luv2xlr8

Hi, new member here looking for some stock friendly trails in the Kanata/Carp/Stittsville area. Recently moved here from the Peterborough/Kawartha's area where i have been off-roading mostly in atv or as a passenger however my entire life! Though my dad's 90's silveraldo with 44's is a little larger than my 04 Nissan Xterra :) None the less, i would love to get out and see what mine can do in moderation.

Its 4x4 supercharged. Mostly stock. Intake and supercharger mods so far but i have only...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Logan

apparently the prezident
Club Member
Welcome. We are not going out for the next 2 weeks, untill hunting season is over. Keep looking in the events/trail runs to see when everyone is goin out.

D

Dannyboy33

Welcome

I had a Supercharged Xterra ended up getting rid of it though due to the fact it couldn't pull what I wanted it to and it started to give me problems. If you have only had it 2 weeks word to the wise only run super otherwise your supercharger will bypass. Also if your knock sensor goes it bypasses the supercharger and you will only run 2 pounds of boost with it gone and cost around $600 to change and they are known for failing. I had my plugs go at just over 100k and it cost around 600 bucks to get them changed because the only place that would touch it to work on it was the dealer and they are located under the supercharger and intake.

Hope yours treats you well it was a fun truck when it was running right. With a little trimming of the front bumper and cutting the brace off the front mudflaps you you can fit 275/ 70 R17 BFG Allterrains on it and the tires look massive on the truck all my buddies loved the look of the truck with them on.

L

Luv2xlr8

Welcome. We are not going out for the next 2 weeks, untill hunting season is over. Keep looking in the events/trail runs to see when everyone is goin out.

Yeah i figured as much. Gives me some times to find some new tires anyways!

Welcome

I had a Supercharged Xterra ended up getting rid of it though due to the fact it couldn't pull what I wanted it to and it started to give me problems. If you have only had it 2 weeks word to the wise only run super otherwise your supercharger will bypass. Also if your knock sensor goes it bypasses the supercharger and you will only run 2 pounds of boost with it gone and cost around $600 to change and they are known for failing. I had my plugs go at just over 100k and it cost around 600 bucks to get them changed because the only place that would touch it to work on it was the dealer and they are located under the supercharger and intake.

Hope yours treats you well it was a fun truck when it was running right. With a little trimming of the front bumper and cutting the brace off the front mudflaps you you can fit 275/ 70 R17 BFG Allterrains on it and the tires look massive on the truck all my buddies loved the look of the truck with them on.

I've had mine for 2 weeks and i have done a few mods already. I Don't see why you couldn't have done the plugs yourself. A CAI and NGK Ir's were the first thing i did when i bought mine!! The S/C is not hard to take off at all... However the #6 plug on the 3.3 is a PITA to get at. Mine has 120k on it, and it looks and drives like new. One owner lady driven before me, i bought it off her personally. Let's hope your case was an isolated incident. My next mod is to pul the supercharger again this time to polish the internals/external weld up the silencer holes and install a new 2.3 pulley. Should see an extra 75hp est.

As for tires where is the best place to buy in the area?? I'd like to put on 285/70/R17's on my stock S/C wheels if i can get them for a decent price.

Kyle.

D

Dannyboy33

Prior Tire is great to deal with but the best price I got on BFG's was Costco when they have the sale on.

Ya I hope it mine was a isolated thing just gave me a bad taste I guess. My plugs went in the middle of winter and with no heated garage I wasn't getting into it. It was weird one of them cracked at around 120k. Like I said it was a fun truck the main reason I got rid of it was I needed to tow more so thats why I changed up to the Supercrew lots of room and power.