New newbie

CrazyIvan

Hi all!

So last year I got my first real 4x4 and now I'm looking for places a people to go offroading with. The good word is that, unless you own that brand, this is the place to go in Ottawa. And don't take that to mean I harbour any ill will to Jeep owners, I don't.

I guess that leaves me with a few questions:

This is not a free club, as my readings have informed me, but I don't see any dates or locations posted for your club meetings that I need to attend before I can apply to...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Welcome around. Yes, we love jeeps here.
To became a club member you need to attend two meetings, two trail runs and to be voted.
Meetings are held the last Thursday of every month, on different locations as we lost our long time location. Keep an eye on the forum and you will see a tread popping up a few days earlier than the meeting date.
The trail dates are in the forum, join the one which suits you. The nearest trail run is on May 3rd.
You are welcome to the SF, no need to be a club member, however registration is required.

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
Welcome, OVO has always stived to not bevehicle specific even though a good portion of our group runs jeeps we have a good selection of other vehicles including Zuks, buggies, pickups etc. Our meetings usually occur last Thursday of the month. We used to go to the Cockand Bull i n Bells corners but are seeing what else is out there right now.

Membership is based on two meetings and two sanctioned events. Spring Fever would count as one and is open to anyone.

Oh, what are you running?

Last edited:

CrazyIvan

Awesome! Thanks guys.

I will be at the trail run on May 3rd for sure and I'll keep an eye out for that meeting thread.

One last question: Will I be able to complete the SF run in a pretty much stock Xterra? I've seen some of the pictures and guys are climbing steep rocks and such that I know my truck won't be able to handle. Are there other trails or ways to pass those areas that my truck will be able to handle?

Garrett

Welcome to the forum. As for our traul runs theres lots of stock freindly stuff. Theres always bypases around the tough stuff usually

CrazyIvan

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Glad to hear there are ways around the nasty stuff. My truck and I aren't ready for that just yet.
[MENTION=272]2Greys[/MENTION] Running a 2009 Nissan Xterra Offroad, 2" Lift (blocks and shackles), and (what I think are) the OE tires BFG Rugged Trail (the old tread, the new one looks like crap)

trixter192

Club Member
Welcome.
There is a stock group for Spring Fever, your X will do just fine. Keep an eye on the trail run sub-forum, as new trail runs will appear throughout the season.

JG

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
Welcome to OVO!

As mentioned, 2 meetings and 2 trail runs. The meeting spot is a travelling show at the moment, but it's posted a bit in advance. I try to keep the calendar (http://ovo.ca/forums/calendar.php) up to date with runs and events as well.

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
I see all sorts of hubub about your Spring Fever event and I would like to attend. Do I need to be a member of the club to participate, and is there still time for me to become one before then? (I read somewhere that I must attend 2 of the monthly meetings before becoming a member, but there is less time than that before SF2015)

Thanks
Mike
Hey Mike, as mentioned above, there is no need to be a member to come to Spring Fever, we hold this event for all to attend!

A stock Xterra can run the stock trails just fine, I'll be leading the stock runs. Saturday I'm planning to run out to Burnstown, about 40 minutes from camp. Sunday the stockers will be going out on the hydro lines for some spectacular views from the hills. Let us know if you have any more questions about Spring Fever, I hope you can make it. Pre-registration would be nice, if you could.

http://ovo.ca/sf2015

CrazyIvan

Thanks for the info Twinkie, I'll be right behind you all the way up.

I just gotta figure a few things out about the weekend and I'll be pre-registering. Mainly where to stay, I have next to no camping equipment or experience... Might just sleep in the back of the truck, there's plenty of room with the seats down lol

BigDave

If I can crawl around in my F150 the XTerra should have no problems. See you at the next meeting this April and the first run in May. I've yet to be voted in but will count myself as anointed in the club with two runs and only one meeting, it's hard with busy schedules to hit all the fun events that are surrounded with all the responsibilities and tasks at home.
I'm looking forward to some more trail pinstripes.