New to Area.

J

J686

Hello all,

My name is Chris Johnson and I'm a Vehicle Tech doing my OJT at Garrison Petawawa.
My wife, little one and I got posted to Pet on 25 April.
We enjoy the outdoors; camping, anything on the water, hikes, etc.
We are currently in the midst of trading my 05 Tacoma for a 05 X-Terra. I'm going to miss that truck, its been amazing to us. Great fuel economy, reliability and comfort.
It has the 68 ltr tank and I pull 600km to a tank city/hwy regularly. I come from a family of VW TDI's...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

98AT

Welcome....just a curious question for ya, since your coming from a Tacoma did you not have any interest in 4runner's? Xterra is a nice SUV also just thought I would ask.

J

J686

For sure, love the Runners, but the body style comparable to this X-Terra is when they went really soft. Less emphasis on off road and more on comfort for the city. All in my opinion anyways!
I was also hoping for a manual and those Runners don't come stick. My fav SUV would be your body style, but since it's going to be our only vehicle for a period, we opted for a slightly newer vehicle.
We also managed to work a decent deal on the X-Terra and the wife likes it too, so those are all the points I'm worried about!
Before we had our little one, she was a Service Adviser back at the Toyota dealer in Kitchener and she saw a lot of your vintage Runners coming in for big repairs so I think that also scared her away from that choice.
I used to have a 240sx, so it's bringing back some brand memories, albeit I'm a lot further from the asphalt! lol.

Thanks for the welcome!

chunkytrunks

That's MR.EX Pres to you!
Club Member
Welcome to ovo. Keep an eye out on the event section. I will be posting a run shortly perfect for your truck. Just gotta hammer out a date

J

J3ster

Hey Chris,
I am new to OVO and this is really my second post, conversely; I am not new to the area and I am sure have my experience in Pet and the CF. My name is Kevin and I am in COMMS, however I spent 10 years as a MSE-OP trucking around the Mattawa Plains. I have an Xterra as well and I want to beef her up and get her right muddy. I don't have much experience wirth large scale 4x4 fabrication but I am hoping with the guys on this site I may just get some great ideas and have a few laughs. Hope to see you on the trails.

J

J686

Hey Chris,
I am new to OVO and this is really my second post, conversely; I am not new to the area and I am sure have my experience in Pet and the CF. My name is Kevin and I am in COMMS, however I spent 10 years as a MSE-OP trucking around the Mattawa Plains. I have an Xterra as well and I want to beef her up and get her right muddy. I don't have much experience wirth large scale 4x4 fabrication but I am hoping with the guys on this site I may just get some great ideas and have a few laughs. Hope to see you on the trails.

Hey Kevin, nice to see a fellow Pet member online!
I'll keep any eye out for your yellow Terra on base. If you see a guy in black one with a brush guard hanging out the window tossing you a wave, that would be me. I haven't seen any yellow rigs on base yet, but lots of black and grey. Hopefully it's you when I do toss up the wave! Ha-ha!
Look forward to shaking your hand and listening to any advice you may have for me on the army life and things for families to do in the Pet area! Cheers!

Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome, I look forward to wheeling with you guys!