New To Forums

A

ajh

Well, I wrote a big long post but managed to hit 'back' and delete it, so here's an abridged version. :)

Looking for people to hit the trails with, I've got a fairly modified 2003 Land Rover Discovery and looking for a challenge but not enough of one to end up on the roof.

I'm hoping to come out to a trail run this weekend just need to know where and when.

S

SuziCrazy

Welcome to ovo.ca, our members have all ranges of trucks from stock to extreme. I'm sure you'll find what your looking for here!

Cheers!

tlowe

Welcome!!!!! If you are interested we are going on a run on Sunday...The meeting place is actually in Carp at the fair grounds.....we will be there at 1045, leaving at 11......We usually meet in the last entrance parking lot......

It would be nice to see how a Disco wheels, as I haven't whheled with one yet.....

Hope to see you there......

Trevor
(Black TJ):beer:

A

ajh

Meeting? / Mods so far.

I'm not sure where the Carp Fairgrounds would be. A GPS location would be enough, but directions are also good. :)

So, what've I done to the Rover so far... well:

OFFROAD MODS
3" Lift with a combination of Rovertym springs up front and spacers under the air-bags in the rear preserving self-leveling suspension.
ARB bull bar bumper
Hella Ralley 4000s
WARN XD9000 winch
Detroit Truetrac front LSD
ARB Rear Air Locker
ARB Compressor (just for locker for now but adding a tank etc soon)
Slickrock Rock Sliders
Hannibal Expedition Roof Rack
Land Rover 16" Rims
Firestone Destination 2 M/T LT245/75R16
Swapped 2003 LT230 Transfer case for 2001 LT230 with Centre Diff Lock
Added 2004 cable actuated Difflock Linkage

AUDIO SYSTEM MODS
Kenwood KVT617 DVD Head Unit
Kenwood Ipod Interface Module
Hertz Audio HSK163.3 / HSK165.2 speakers, HX200 subwoofer
Audison LRx6.9 Class A/B Amp
Kenwood Back-up Camera
Garmin GVN52 GPS Nav Unit

OTHER / MISC
Entire interior done with B-Quiet Ultimate butyl sound dampening matting up to 3 layers against firewall. Entire floor area done with B-Quiet L-Comp dual density sound barrier foam.
Working on the underbody/running gear to remove rust and coat with Rust Bullet rust coating to preserve things long term.
Basically taking things apart and tracking down every bit of rust.
Replaced every mild steel screw fastener with stainless Robertson drive fasteners.
Working on replacing every trim friction fitting with nylon inserts and stainless screws with screw caps.
Replaced stock battery with Odyssey PC2150 high capacity deep cycle AGM battery.
Used JL Audio battery terminals to re-wire power delivery system using 2AWG cabling and direct power to major systems.
Added quick disconnect to winch power cabling and to booster cables to allow boosting off the winch power supply lines.
Uniden CB-Radio with 4' whip
Low-Voltage Disconnect for accessory power jack
Engel MT35 Expedition Fridge/Freezer

I'm sure there are some other things that have slipped my mind at the moment. I do have some more things planned but will need to wait a bit for girlfriend to calm down about the 4 months of work I put into the vehicle this summer.

Some of the coming changes would include a Rovertym steel rear bumper with integral quarter panel protection and dramatically improved departure angle. New set of OME castor correcting bushings. 145l high-capacity fuel tank and 45l auxiliary tank (this will depend on clearance once bumper is installed), air storage tank with pre-charge port to make airing up quicker and reduce the stress on the on-board compressor. Expedition drawer storage system. Water tank behind rear seats and in front of storage system. Engine bay heat exchanger and water pump to provide on-the-road hot-showers. Roof-top tent (Overland or the new ARB tent or Technitop are the current top runners). Anti sway bar quick-disconnects. Second battery for accessories and split-charging system. Second high-output alternator. Mantec Raised Air Intake (snorkel). Performance heads, high-flow cats, and full stainless exhaust system with left-quarter panel exhaust port.

I think that's about it. :)

A

ajh

Trails.

Oh, I'm also up for hitting trails any time. During the week is great since I have more time then. You can always drop me an email.

A

ajh

Hot Shower

Yeah, seen it done on a few rigs. As you can probably tell I'm building for expedition travel vs extreme crawling/mud. I've been toying with the idea of building a Defender or Disco I for competition though, I've got some pretty interesting ideas. :)

Hot water is one of the best things to have, even just from a washing dishes point of view. Being able to clean off the mud at the end of the day is also a good thing. I'm hoping to go drive some of the US backcountry byways soon so being able to stay on the trails for days at a time is a good added feature and having 200l of fuel on-line and another 40 in cans should help.

G

Gadzooks

yeah welcome aboard. Sounds like quite the rig....was actually admiring a classic rover this weekend in the parking lot, so much so that I was late for breakfast with some friends and they called me when I was in the parking lot admiring the truck. Always nice to have another "wheeler" in the crew. I think Mitko (G-wagon) will be excited to have some company!