Newbie with a Subie

B

bigaldover

Hey Folks,

I just picked up a 04 Forester, and love it. I am thinking about getting it a lil dirty, It is stock 4 now, but, it handles dirt roads and dirt hills at the cottage really well.

Not sure where to start, I use this as my everyday vehicle so I dont want to hammer it 2 hard ;)

Anyways, would be interested in checking out an off road excursion or two and find out more about this group.

Cheers for now.

Mitko

The G-Spot
Club Member
Welcom in da club. Tomorow's run to Burndlands will be the exact fit for your automobile :) so join it and have fun.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
I doubt a car would fare out too well with most of the runs we do. The 6" or so of ground clearance it has wouldn't make some of the access roads we use. I just spent a good chunk of yesterday behind a Cherokee on 34's that had GREAT difficutly on the easy parts of the trail I was on. Not fun.

Fix your 4Runner for the trail.
Keep the car on the road.

It's not worth breaking stuff on something that is not designed for this purpose to begin with. Perhaps a rally type club would be a better place for the Subaru.

I'm not trying to chase you away. There are lots of people (me included)that like to see someone beat on their $hit but realistically, a car doesn't stand a chance of surviving most of what we do.

You'll have WAY more fun with the 4Runner. Probably the $$ you'd spend to repair the Subaru afterwards would get the 4Runner ready for the trail.

G

Grant88

Just a note. This is not Quinn who came with me to last weeks meeting....
He hasnt Joined the Forum

...But welcome to OVO Im new aswell just had my first run today and loved it

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Ok then the 4Runner comments don't mean much but the rest still stands.

We're always open to new members but cars won't make it where we go.

R

RedForester

Hey, welcome to the Forums! For reference for the rest of you, this is Quinn with the Red forester that you guys met last thursday at the meet.

Just wanted to let you know, if your good at driving, then you'd be able to do Burntlands trail, I just came back from running it with Grant and Rob and only got stuck once due to a bad line choice. I do however strongly recommend a set of quality skid plates, both front and diff plates from Primitive, they pretty much saved my cars ass on the trail.

Hope to be able to get out to more equally easy trails with some more of you as well.

Last edited:

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Hope to be able to get out to more equally easy trails with some more of you as well.

There's not many more trails as easy as Burntlands...

+1 on the car comments, not really useful for what we do, you would be better off with a Sami, Kick, Toy or Heep... Will be cheaper in the long run and much more fun :beer:

2Greys

Insert title here
Club Member
I think I was standing next to you at the last meet. Glad to hear it was a good time. I wanted to go but had a prior engagement.
I am hoping to go to the Carp Trail.

Hey, welcome to the Forums! For reference for the rest of you, this is Quinn with the Red forester that you guys met last thursday at the meet.

Just wanted to let you know, if your good at driving, then you'd be able to do Burntlands trail, I just came back from running it with Grant and Rob and only got stuck once due to a bad line choice. I do however strongly recommend a set of quality skid plates, both front and diff plates from Primitive, they pretty much saved my cars ass on the trail.