NHTTI Carnage

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
After the first day, Adrain has taken out a R&P, Wilson took out a birf and Farley has taken out a rear axle. We still have Mike L., Bill and Richard left running. We'll see how tomorrow turns out for them. Too bad you guys arn't here!

Last edited:

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Hahahaha, that was all for you Andrew! Now get back to wrenching!

Excsue the typ'os, this was sent from my "Smart"phone!

Sent: June 14, 2008 10:03 PM
To: (Email Address Removed)
Subject: [Events/Trail Runs-t-1124] RE: NHTTI Carnage

Your killing me Terry.

Buster

Club Member
Well aside from the carnage I hope everyones having a good time!! Been sick for 2 weeks now and haven't done anything but work. Hows the weather and the bugs down there??

Twinkie

Administrator
Staff member
Club Member
Hot, very hot! Event is all packed up and we're on our way home. Richard got 1st and Mike Lorient got 3rd in Modifed. Bill was something like 3 points out of 3rd place in Super Modified.

Excsue the typ'os, this was sent from my "Smart"phone!

Sent: June 15, 2008 9:13 AM
To: (Email Address Removed)
Subject: [Events/Trail Runs-t-1124] RE: NHTTI Carnage

Well aside from the carnage I hope everyones having a good time!! Been sick for 2 weeks now and haven't done anything but work. Hows the weather and the bugs down there??

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
2 points out of 3rd - still, I like to think the mud pit show was worth it!

Washed for 2 hrs last night - not even half done. Mud is ridiculous!

Anyone know a coin-op pressure washer car wash near Limoges? The lil electric one caved under the onslaught!

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm

Anyone know a coin-op pressure washer car wash near Limoges? The lil electric one caved under the onslaught!

:clue: 2 1/2" line off a fire hydrant?

Kunker

Administrator
Club Member
I know there used to be one in Embrun years ago (2001), but I can't remember for the life of me where.

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
Here's My Carnage :)

Jimbog

Club Member

Bill I got a 6.5 horse gas. if you want I can drop it off tomorrow night on my way home from work.Or if you want to pick-it up tonight I will be home at 6:30. Or you can bring the truck and wash it at my place I have an endless supply of water and a spot made for washing my truck.

Last edited:

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
Jim,

Thanks so much for the offer. I went to PA tonight and bought a new wand and nozzle and it's brought the lil electric back to life enough to finish it - Ive broken its back now I think. It at least looks like the Wolf again and not some swamp creature.

Tomorrow night I'll take the wheels off and some other stuff and hopefully finish cleaning. Then it's inspection time - hopefully no surprises. Then it's grease everything, re-pack wheel bearings, change diff fluids, fix clutch pedal and have a look at that pump pully allignment before PJF on Saturday!

Next time I'll bring it straight to yours Jim :D (If there EVER is another mud time!!)

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
Four days with the pressure washer and I'm finally at the stage where I can begin inspection. It still needs a good final soap & water wash. I cleaned off the driveway and scooped up an entire wheel-barrow full of mud and sludge!

Changed the rear diff lube - no water or mud in it - good!

Just have to grease the suspension joints, kingpins and all u-joints then re-pack the wheel bearings and maybe change the front diff fluid too.

If I had the energy I'd change the t-case, trans, and engine oil too.

Farm Boy

Bought the Farm
Finally got some time to work on the truck. Yup, it's definately the birfield:

Going to post a step by step thread with full pics, I've got a couple questions...