Votes: 2 25.0%
  • It's fine the way it is.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

aweber

This thread is :rainbow:
Staff member
Club Member
I want some input on the DVD for those that came to the Christmas Party..

I have heard some advise such as it might have been too long and too much footage of NON OVO members.

Let me know what you think!! I can take it :flipoff:

My plans for this year is to focus on the main OVO events more, such as Suzican and Spring Fever, because the footage available to me this year was pathetic...

I will also be getting more of the local runs in, as I will be taking the family out in the FJ40...
Please login to view full content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Thing is, Big Dogs and PJF where OVO runs, the only non OVO run in the whole video was Runner River...

Carp and BurntLands where only cut because I was trying to keep the DVD shorter, and they don't really count as trails ;):flipoff:

BillaVista

PrettyBoy
Well, I can see this polarizing pretty quickly - but I expect that's inevitable.

Concur that the "non-OVO" comment is rubbish. There were OVO members in every part of the vid, and as Adrian said, all were OVO runs 'cept Runner River.

First - let's understand that Adrian isn't the club videographer / historian - he's simply, (kindly) volunteered to edit together an end-of-year video from footage supplied. Didn't supply and footage? Can't really complain about what was in it then. Let's face it - videoing is pretty much a full time gig - it means you probably can't enjoy wheeling the trails at the same time. This last year I think we were very fortunate to have all that we did courtesy of the efforts of Adrain and Andrew - thanks guys, awesome job!!

Suggestions:

1) Shoot video - buy, beg, borrow, or rent a camera and get out there. Submit to Adrain and you're golden.

2) If you can't or don't do #1, and you want to see your own rig in the video - you gotta figure out who is an attend runs they're on. In 07 that meant going on runs Adrain was on. If you're not interested in those kind of runs - see #1

3) 07 was an awesome year and this year's vid captured it well - great job. '08 really should feature the "beer song" somewhere though (Psychostick)

4) For those with cams - a little more "non-driving" footage may add balance - campfire banter (PG IF avail!! ;-) ) , Twist-off shenanigans, etc.

5) As a club project - I think it would be cool to have some driver/rig interviews and features. Just a quick 5 min clip of a driver in front of his rig, describe rig, give philosophy, tell a story - that kind of thing.

THANKS ADRIAN and SASQUATCH :beer:

aweber

Staff member
Club Member
Agreed on the part your talking about with Charlie.. Watching it after I did the final cut I was thinking to myself that it was too long, but like I said, I wanted to portray the "event" when it came to big-dogs, not just turn it into the "Bill and Adrian show" LOL It would be like having a Suzican video without Depot in it :)

I am not taking anything in this thread negatively, so bring it on, everything said so far is very constructive. Oh, and Bill, I was going to put the song "Crazy Bitch" in for Mitchel but it would have ruined the PG-13 rating :lmao:

I am thinking that I need to make two cuts of the DVD, a longer version with all the extra's in it for the people who take a copy home with them, and a shorter, under an hour version specifically for the show..

Also, as you can tell, I hate "Stills", they show nothing in the way of what the trucks are going through. They are good for magazines only :) But I do know they are a necessary evil for this video to be appealing to all...

Mlorint

I think the video was great. Good job Adrian:smokin:. I agree with Bill, and the two video idea sounds great.

CaptainFitz

Official Wannabe
Club Member
I liked it accept for the stu stu studder ... lol :flipoff: :stir:

I agree with the 2 flavors, one for show and one for home.

I also like some stills, if put together well to show what an event was like.. we always have lots of stills, but video is hard.. I agree more video content is better though..

Keep up the good work Adrian..

S

SWest

Maybe..

Maybe some more footage on all the fun we have behind the scenes or at the fire or bewteen runs. Like the firecracker blowing cans experiment or the crazy stuff we do as comedy relief stuff. But the video was great!

S

SWest

Lol

Well are you calling me crazy Bill!!! :) But as it is, it was a great movie anyways!

Buster

Club Member
Finally gat to watch it. It was great, it could be longer for the take home copy but I think it's long enough for a group watch. We all have to try to capture some video and contribut to provide a good resource for content on next years!!! Good job Adrian!!!
And I still owe you the 20 bucks for my copy. I'm a little preoccupied with the new lad at the moment (hijack!!!!).

bradleyfitz

Club Member
Good job Adrian, I just finished watching it. I'll agree with everyone else's comments ... it's not too long for a take home video, I watched it beginning to end without blinking. I love all the footage of the events I couldn't make.

I know stills don't quite capture the moment, but I think there are some great shots in our gallery and also allows the "little guy" as it were to get into the video. Perhaps next year we could split this up into a two or more man effort? I'm sure Adrian has a lot of hours into this, which is the only reason why I'm suggesting it ... one man to go through video, one to go through pics? That way Adrian doesn't have to slog through all the content on his own.

/OT
After watching the beginning of the video, I SO don't miss open diffs and AT's :D
/OT

R

Redneck

A :piece of advice to anyone taking vids (God knows I've made enough mistakes:D) . Avoid disc cams on the trail i lost some good footage a few times because disc cams don't seem to like rough treatment. Hard drive cams all the way. Btw I`d like to buy a copy next time. I spent all my money on :beer: at the party before you announced selling DVDs .